Old 07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe....
Old 07-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Site is ok, certainly not worth paying for. Most of the posts are bs about whatever, some good stories. I like go fast boats of all types but think too many people on here don't have a life and just want to dream out loud about their boats that are sitting on blocks in the yard under two feet of snow. I have met several people that browse this site but laugh at the time most spend typing away about nothing! Anyone remember Big Scotty? The site can be informative, good classified and a whole lot of Bullship....................just my 2 cents
That was a pretty good quote even today........ I made this post 6 months after joining OSO. Now with higher priced boats/fuel/insurance less boaters on here than ever before.
Stecz, Dollabill,Cashbar all have no boat but always have something to contribute.

OSOSteve had a good thing going and with him around it felt like someone actually cared, with IB it lost that feeling.......
Old 07-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very interesting to go back and read this.
Seems this arguement is nothing new.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

All these old threads are hurting my head. Some of the past history is interesting to read--the posts explain a lot. But since I wasn't around, I just don't have any response to them. Fun stuff, however...
Old 07-10-2008, 10:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't believe that guys who own offshore boats bellyache about a website like this costing 12 cents a day to use.

People come and they go- this place may not be for everybody. I miss some of the people who don't come around anymore but I enjoy some of the newer one's too.

I hope everybody (OK almost everybody ) sticks around, but if you can't, I understand. I've looked around and haven't seen anything else even close.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I can't believe that guys who own offshore boats bellyache about a website like this costing 12 cents a day to use.
I have to agree, the $$$ arguement is kind of crap - someone pointed that out to me once.

The story remains the same from when this thread was started 3 yrs ago, as it does today.
Bunch of guys/(gals) with powerful boats that they expect to be reliable, but are unreliable, on a website they expect to be reliable, and to be the same everytime, but is ever evolving, and sometimes unreliable.
Sometimes for the better in ones opinion, and the worse in anothers.
Most of us are at least somewhat successful, and in our limited leisure time, we expect the things that we have worked for (paid for) to be turn-key.
Chris, you may be the exception, you seem to have large amounts of leisure time to spend on here
Old 07-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20

here some good reading.. when fun was top on teh list here at oso...

Kick up all the dust you want. The board needs a kick in the ass.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Kick up all the dust you want. The board needs a kick in the ass.
Agreed. Fun reading.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:40 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really think the main problem is too many forums, used to be you could look at GD, the Bilge and Tech and pretty much see everything that's going on.

That is no longer the case, there are now many members whose posts I never see unless you go into their regional or club forum.

It may be more convenient for some this way, but it has really made things dull IMO. I enjoyed the the inter-club/brand repartee that was a regular feature of GD

Quick Reply: How many miss the old/new oso????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.