Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many miss the old/new oso???? >

How many miss the old/new oso????

Notices

How many miss the old/new oso????

Old 12-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How many miss the old/new oso????

i know its all fine and dandy that the gd is full of johnny do gooders, i say it sucks and the site is no better than speedwake... the other nite i sat down with what little info i had about some of my buddies and what they spent with the advertisers and the general public from oso.. this figure is well over 2 million just in one year, thats not counting what the e dick guys did, i have no idea.. ill give you a clue what im talking bout...

Tow rig 55,000 Sanders Ford mcraymond
cafe racer/trailer 80,000 Martin Marine
Trailer repair 3,000 Myco
Enigine work 10,000 Jcperf/Zul
Rigging 3,000 Mrd/Met through Jcperf
Interior Work 15,000 Tres Martin

Do you get the idea of what im trying to say, thats just a taste of what ive spent from this site, forget about other boats, poker runs, whatever you can think about this site has touched my life.. im not trying to get gay here, im just showing how much i give back to this site, and its advertisers.. if i cant speak my mind on this site this site will no longer be the fist site in the morning nor the last before i go to bed.. i think it sucks that because a few complain about what is being said and throw around what power they have through the silly politics on this board...

i have met great people on this board, many of them have become by best friends. not only have i met new people to do business with, i have met people to give my business to. i for one will not change the way i conduct myself for the interests of a few.. i feel i speak for many of us, go take a look at the gd and the bilge, yeah great stuff huh.. might as well be speedwake.. horrible... i feel that most of what we say should stay in the gd and the bilge cause of how much we have to do with boating and how much we make you guys smile.. im not saying that the racial, drug slurs, nor foul language is right, but thats for the moderators to decide..

this site is a great place for friends and people to get together with the same interests and a great place to blow off steam, lets get rid of the politics and the b/s.. if you dont like the way the posts and threads are going dont read them, if you know the party of the thread, dont get involved.. this is all very simple.. i know i spend the money with people on this board, im gonna get my money's worth....... i will bring the fun back to oso... i will bring oso back to its glory... so ive said it let it be written.........Mr. Wonderful

Last edited by stecz20; 04-08-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Registered

Default Re: How many miss the old/new oso????

Is this all because the Fart thread got closed ????????????????? Kick it up to 100 mg's of Thorzine...........
Old 12-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Registered

I'll give you that ride in the spring..........
Old 12-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tricky919
I'll give you that ride in the spring..........

you will, and you will like it, or i must hurt you....
Old 12-27-2005, 06:26 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

stecz,

Ifyou think things are deleted or moved because of politics than I will look at my moderators decisions. I personally have removed some tasteless remarks and posts lately that the majority do not care to read. If you have a complaint please direct it to me and be specific since I have no clue what you are talking about.

It is great that you purchase from the advertisers but this does not give one free reign to do and say what they want. There are still rules, this is not the wild west, the real estate is owned and the takes are paid.

I can tell you that I get a lot more complaints about the tasteless stuff than politics so I believe the mods and admins are doing a pretty good job keeping the majority happy.

Thank you!!
Old 12-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Registered

im not complaining to you, if i had a problem with you id call you or talk to you face to face... nor do i think i have the right to post whatever i want... just pointing out to the public of oso that the board has jumped the shark... it seems the boys and girls are scared to speak their mind due to the fact they are scared they will be poofed or deleted.. i was pointing out how much this board touches our lives money wise and personally.. it really has little to do with you steve or the mods... its the players that make the game..... sorry if you took it the wrong way.... its just me talking to my people.... lets get this place going again, winter is when this place gets good.....
Old 12-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Darn! What fart thread?

I hate when I miss stuff.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
stecz,

Ifyou think things are deleted or moved because of politics than I will look at my moderators decisions. I personally have removed some tasteless remarks and posts lately that the majority do not care to read. If you have a complaint please direct it to me and be specific since I have no clue what you are talking about.

It is great that you purchase from the advertisers but this does not give one free reign to do and say what they want. There are still rules, this is not the wild west, the real estate is owned and the takes are paid.

I can tell you that I get a lot more complaints about the tasteless stuff than politics so I believe the mods and admins are doing a pretty good job keeping the majority happy.

Thank you!!
Tasteless is a point of view.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Banned

Stop it Steczy, my eyes are getting misty!
Old 12-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Banned

But seriously, in my opinion, getting moved, poofed, or deleted is not the end of the world, but now, getting banned would be the end of the world as I know it. Debbie would find me wandering around the neighborhood in a daze.

Quick Reply: How many miss the old/new oso????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.