Notices

Phantom Boats(Evaluate)

Old 01-30-2002, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Phantom Boats(Evaluate)

I just found this builder and never knew he was so close to me.What is the good and bad on this boat.The price and HP are selling me,and the fact he builds them 50 miles to my South.
Old 01-30-2002, 08:16 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Will Smith was the builder of my boat, Mr Technology, as well as being the crew chief and navigator. He is as honest as they come and a true innovator in the marine world. My boat was the first ever with an externally vented step. Now I see Fountain and Outerlimits doing the same. He really should have applied for a patent.

The only problem with Will is that he really doesn't like to build pleasure boats. He will if he has to but he likes to focus on race boats. Basically his pleasure boats are just raceboats without numbers. The layup, rigging and attention to detail are the same. Many race inspectors told me that Mr T was the neatest rigged boat they'd ever seen.

And because Phantom has been around for 15 years and turning a profit every year (low overhead) you can rest assured that the boat will be finished.

Buy a Phantom, you will never regret it.
Old 01-30-2002, 08:33 PM
GOT MERC?

Wink

I have been dealing with Senior Smith for many years we campaigned one of his 30 ft speedsters to a National Title and I sold the first 34 pleasure version to a customer of mine in North Carolina. He is a no bull**** kind of guy you defenitly get what you pay for. We never had any lamanite issues with the speedster or the 34 Pleasure. The 34 Pleasure had twin 1000 HP enignes on Bravo I XR drives. The speedster is still racing today under the Scorpion Performance name.His boats are INDUSTRUCTABLE!!!!
Old 01-30-2002, 08:46 PM
Registered

I curently own 2 Phantoms, a 30'SVL "FURY" and a new 29' center console w/8.1 Vortec and Volvo duoprop. I also had the 1st F-1 30' that I won the 99 SBI nat. championshipwith, then sold the boat to Todd Syprett who won the APBA worlds in 2000. Will is a great guy and stands behind every boat he builds for years to come. I highly recommed Phantom boats. Ray Delaney
Old 01-30-2002, 09:00 PM
Jeff

I have Ron P's boat (Mr. Technology). Great boat,period. I've had 700's and 1300's in it. I am re-fitting it for SVL (500 EFI'S & Bravo's) We bar-hop, poker run and race the hell out of this animal. Will is a good guy. I have a completely gone through set of # 5's that look brand new for sale.

Old 01-30-2002, 09:41 PM
Registered

Will is THE man. besides knowing how to build a bulletproof boat, he is as honest as the day is long
There is no bad to his boats, just ask any Phantom owner.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:30 PM
SunseekerNY

WILL SMITH?

His charachter is untouchable. And honesty, even Diogenes would be proud.

When I was in Europe visiting a client last month, the subject was approched regarding having a US builder manufacture one of their smaller boats for cost effectiveness. I recommened Phantom, no brain direction involved. The technology, qualtiy, fit and finish is almost unsurpassed in the US. I was immediately shot down for my recommendation. Why, you ask? Yeah, I still ask myself the same question. Obviously, Will has himself a nich market - that being those that never have to worry about a rigging "issue," warranty "issue," electrical problem, or God forbid, a hull failure.

Will Smith did something no one else in the marine industry never accomplished. I'll never forget this. He was standing with my now ex-husband at the World Championship awards banquet in 96. He was telling us how he wanted to change offshore racing and install canopies on the A-class boats.....

Thank you William.

He took an idea an revolutionized offshore in two years - and made a profit! Will Smith is a pioneer. Hopefully 100 years from now he will be given credit for his efforts.

I'd buy his boat, in a heartbeat.

Jennifer

Old 01-31-2002, 07:05 AM
Registered

Catmando, I had problems with the new flat tappet cam APBA motor. Finally got it dialed in and guess what? another rule change this year (sealed hp500 or Vortec). I plan on running all the APBA races (if there is a good turn out in my class and some of Johns races as well.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:34 PM
Cain Crew

We are running ray's old boat. Now only if the crew was as great as the boat......

Old 01-31-2002, 04:31 PM
Marie Awesome

1999 34'Phantom W/Trailer-one of 3 APBA Certified. No engines-Loaded-All options on boat including steering. Priced to sell fast!
Very Clean!

Will Have boat at Manufacture on Sunday. If intrested please call Jim @ 810-765-8191

Marie
Awesome Powerboats