Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My Larry Smith Scarab is SOLD (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119438-my-larry-smith-scarab-sold.html)

jody165 12-31-2005 01:14 PM

My Larry Smith Scarab is SOLD

1 Attachment(s)
It is a sad day...my dream boat is gone. Family needs outweight my personal needs. Damn :mad:

Too Old 12-31-2005 01:48 PM

Re: My Larry Smith Scarab is SOLD

Somone's bought a really nice boat!

Ryan Beckley 12-31-2005 01:50 PM

Fred you should leave now to head to Sarasota!

ChiToWn TapouT 12-31-2005 01:51 PM

If I recall correctly and I do cause I just read it :D
"be patient it will sell with the new season comming up"

Hope the new owners show her as much love as you did

Steve_H 12-31-2005 02:00 PM

congrats. that was a VERY cool boat

Too Old 12-31-2005 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Fred you should leave now to head to Sarasota!

I have no sea strainers......

And Joy just left for Myrtle Beach...... :D

Stormrider 12-31-2005 02:11 PM

Yea... that is one awsome boat.
I hope the new owners are as good to it as you were.
Where is she headed?

jody165 12-31-2005 02:49 PM

New home base is Ventura, CA.

Actually had 2 buyers at the same time. Made verbal commitment to buyer #1 but thought he had flaked since he didn't call back when I thought he was supposed to. So after a week I then made a verbal deal with buyer #2. But today buyer #1 showed up with cashiers check and towed it away. Now I have to tell buyer #2 that the boat is sold despite us having a verbal agreement. Buyer #1 claimed that I had made a verbal committment to him prior to making a verbal agreement with buyer #2. What a crazy deal. Does that make any sense? I tried to do the ethical thing but still don't feel right.

Can't give it away a month ago and now got people begging for it. I thought the holidays were a bad time to sell boats?...

thisistank 12-31-2005 03:04 PM

Coming to Ventura!!?? That's my neck of the woods! I can count the offshore boats on two hands in this area. Who's the buyer?? Looks like we'll be running with a new boat soon :D Even though most are Cigs up here now-a-days. :cool:

And congrats on the sell. It's always nice to buy and sell as the saying goes.

By the way...It'll be a home coming for that boat it was most likely built in Ventura. That is where Team Larry Smith Scarab was based in the 80's.

Semper Fi 12-31-2005 03:19 PM

Congrats Jody! Tell buyer # 2 about my Powerplay...maybe he'll be interested in it. Happy holidays.

Gerard