Notices

NH House Bill 162

Old 01-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation NH House Bill 162

People I just read something this evening that is VERY upsetting to me. It is bad enough that we may loose our ability to run on the lakes. I just read this evening that House Bill 162 INCLUDES the coastline!!! That means that you will not be able to travel over 45 out in the ocean!! This bill HAS to be stopped some how. The people that are for it tell us to go to the ocean to run fast but I guess that is not going to be possible either is it!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NH House Bill 162

Couple of years back some county down here wanted to impose a speed limit on the ocean, something like for a mile out or something like that. Can't remember the exact facts but I do remember that it was decreed, by a Federal Judge I think, that a state has no jurisdiction to impose a speed limit on the open ocean.

I can't ever remember, except during races, seeing any law enforcement out there except USCG. All the Sheriff's, Marine Patrol, City Police, etc. basically stop at the bridges going out the channels to open water.

Someone up there might want to check on that.

Good luck guys, your nightmare keeps getting worse.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Winnfabs,
If you are reading this, you know you do not belong here. Call 1-800-Propoganda to get all the help you need to spread your lies and misconceptions. Unfortunately for you, HB162 will not work,whether it passes or not. Please use the lake for what it is, an exciting, busy(on weekends), family oriented, beautiful lake for ALL to enjoy.

Last edited by pm203; 01-04-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

NH has a VERY short coast line. What are they going to do for boaters from Mass and Maine or other states. There are no signs on the water for people to know that there is a speed limit like on the highways. Does anyone know were the Federal waterways start?

Jon
Old 01-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

I just looked and it is 3 miles.....
Old 01-05-2006, 07:24 AM
Registered

Is Boat US involved ? Don't they fight for boater's rights?
Old 01-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Registered

I'd be downright amazed if the NH Marine Patrol would even attempt to enforce a speed limit on the Atlantic.

Just as face value, those whiners have outdone themselves by even suggesting that. Seeing as the head of the Marine Patrol testified it would be difficult enough to enforce on Lake Winni, can you imagine the nightmare of trying to control Lake Winni AND the Atlantic Ocean??????

I agree that supporting the "reasonable and prudent" speed limit might just be the best way out of this nightmare. Good luck.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can tell you at My USCG Station, We have No Radar/Speed Guns or Noise meters. We only Pull boats over with HOT BABES on them to do Safety Checks
Old 01-05-2006, 08:45 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
Winnfabs,
If you are reading this, you know you do not belong here. Call 1-800-Propoganda to get all the help you need to spread your lies and misconceptions. Unfortunately for you, HB162 will not work,whether it passes or not. Please use the lake for what it is, an exciting, busy(on weekends), family oriented, beautiful lake for ALL to enjoy.
I have to agree, even if by some long-shot it does pass, they will never be able to successfully enforce it on the lakes, never mind the ocean! I am all for getting this bill knocked-down, no question - the propaganda has to stop, they are spewing a bunch of lies and the bureaucrats are believing them. One Saturday or Sunday on the water over the summer for some of the law-makers, instead of just reading about it from behind their desks, is all it would take for them to see that speed is the LEAST of their problems / worries up there.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Those tree-hugging liberals in NH have to be stopped ! They also have a 45mph speed limit on snowmobilers. The people have to come forward and stick up for themselves. "Live free or Die" ya right...

Quick Reply: NH House Bill 162

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.