Notices

Bogus Boatpix billings

Old 01-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Bogus Boatpix billings

Same problem! He called me New Years day to return my WTF message I left with them. He told me they would take care of it and had over 3500 of these e-mails go out! He told me they had trouble with past employees and record keeping. I have a feeling his records might of been so screwed up he just sent the e-mails out hoping some would stick.

I will give them this He was nice on the phone very apologetic and took my word that I never ordered Picts from him.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I posted a while back, I signed up for Equifax credit alerts. I received a notice that my score dropped 27 points. There was a outstanding bill notice from Boatpix. They said I owe them $627.00.
I wish I could just send people stuff they don't order, Bill them huge amounts of money, then if they don't buy the items you hurt their credit.
I see them all the time. They fly around the Fort Lauderdale coast line in this little helicopter and when they see a boat they follow it and take pictures. Then without your authorization, they get your address from the regi numbers on your boat and send you a set of 5 8x10 and 1 16x20 photos with a bill for $750. For $750 you could rent a helicopter for an hour and have someone shoot 5 rolls of film for that price. I have never received one shot picture from them worth that kind of money! They are nothing like the pictures you get from Stu's runs!! Then it is your responsibility to either send them $750 or take the pictures to the post office and at your expense send back the pictures you never asked for certified mail and let them know your don't want them. Then they send you a reduce price offer which I again refuse. Over the past years, without exaggeration, I have received photos from them 15 times. The last time was probably a year ago. Now today I find out, they sent something to Equifax that I have an outstanding balance of $627. It lowered my credit score 27 points. I have no idea which order this was, nor do I have any proof of sending anything back (this is at least a year old).
I have my attorney trying to work it out. It's probably going to cost $1000 in attorney fees to handle it!!
Old 01-07-2006, 09:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I posted a while back, I signed up for Equifax credit alerts. I received a notice that my score dropped 27 points. There was a outstanding bill notice from Boatpix. They said I owe them $627.00.
I wish I could just send people stuff they don't order, Bill them huge amounts of money, then if they don't buy the items you hurt their credit.
I see them all the time. They fly around the Fort Lauderdale coast line in this little helicopter and when they see a boat they follow it and take pictures. Then without your authorization, they get your address from the regi numbers on your boat and send you a set of 5 8x10 and 1 16x20 photos with a bill for $750. For $750 you could rent a helicopter for an hour and have someone shoot 5 rolls of film for that price. I have never received one shot picture from them worth that kind of money! They are nothing like the pictures you get from Stu's runs!! Then it is your responsibility to either send them $750 or take the pictures to the post office and at your expense send back the pictures you never asked for certified mail and let them know your don't want them. Then they send you a reduce price offer which I again refuse. Over the past years, without exaggeration, I have received photos from them 15 times. The last time was probably a year ago. Now today I find out, they sent something to Equifax that I have an outstanding balance of $627. It lowered my credit score 27 points. I have no idea which order this was, nor do I have any proof of sending anything back (this is at least a year old).
I have my attorney trying to work it out. It's probably going to cost $1000 in attorney fees to handle it!!
Man, that story is wrong on so many levels.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 01-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually asked them to send me some pics they shot of my boat one day whilst racing someone in the bay.. Didnt see the choppe till the end of the run, figured they should have gotten some good WFO shots... Never got em..

Did get a notice from them to pay up though! Asked for proof of delivery, never got it. Collection agency wrote me, asked for POD, they couldnt get it. Another agency, no POD.. Last I heard of it...

We were going to use them in a major tournament here, suffice it to say that idea got scrapped. Over a hundred boats, they could have made some serious coin...
Old 01-07-2006, 12:45 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how did they get on the credit report? I never give out my SS #
Old 01-08-2006, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They hit the sailing community as well. Check out how badly they got slammed on www.sailinganarchy.com Seems like they billed everyone in their rolodex!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:17 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always thought if a product is sent to you without your request or knowledge and a balance is due, not only is it yours to keep but you have no obligation to pay - ever.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CMG
I always thought if a product is sent to you without your request or knowledge and a balance is due, not only is it yours to keep but you have no obligation to pay - ever.
I thought so also ? No way you should have to return these on your dime.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those picture were totally unsolicited correct? I'm no attorney but I have to believe you have NO obligation to do anything unless you signed up for something. Maybe some of our resident experts can chime it but this chit infuriates me. I wouldn't care what it cost to go after people like that. Go after them for damages to your credit report.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:39 PM
JC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They sent me a bill for some photos with the same story, it took several phone calls and I sent them prof they charged my credit card to the collection company. They said it must have been a mix up....
My account was paid in full.

Quick Reply: Bogus Boatpix billings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.