Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best trailer tires for my aplication (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119923-best-trailer-tires-my-aplication.html)

Audiofn 01-08-2006 02:32 AM

Best trailer tires for my aplication

Ok start with the wize azz comments..... ok I will get most of them off for you guys...... Why do you need tires it just sits there anyhow...... Why you need tires, oh must be for your friends boat....

I have a 30 foot formula dry weight about 7,000-7500 pounds on a C channel heavy duty galvy trailer probably weights at leaste another 1000 if not 1500lbs. This is a dual axel trailer and I have 15" rims. What does everyone think that my best bet is for tires?

Jon

mama tryed 01-08-2006 05:25 AM

Re: Best trailer tires for my aplication

What's up Jon?

How ya do'in?
using 15's is going to limit your amount of choices, in a high ply tire. The Goodyear Marathon, ST225/75R15 is a 8ply with 2540lbs per tire load capacity, with a nice strong bead. you should be able to get them for around 80 to 85 dollars per tire.

Mitch

fred 01-08-2006 05:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I run that same size and brand tire (Goodyear Marathon) on my trailer hauling my 40' Excalibur Hawk....so far no problems.....Fred

Audiofn 01-08-2006 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by mama tryed
What's up Jon?

How ya do'in?
using 15's is going to limit your amount of choices, in a high ply tire. The Goodyear Marathon, ST225/75R15 is a 8ply with 2540lbs per tire load capacity, with a nice strong bead. you should be able to get them for around 80 to 85 dollars per tire.

Mitch

Doing well Mitch how about you. Work work work makes audio a dull boy..... I will see if I can find any of those this week in my travels. What should I have gone with 16's? I was going to go with 16's but I thought that I would have clearence issues. I am fairly sure that I did not however.... I will double check when I get back to the shop later today.

Jon

birdog 01-08-2006 08:39 AM

I think solid rubber tires would be best...They dont "flat spot" after sitting for YEARS ! :evilb: :D

Somebody had to do it..... :eek:

mopower 01-08-2006 09:34 AM

Two words "Goodyear Marathon" plain and simple :cool:

RHC 01-08-2006 09:50 AM

lNope,, thats not what ya need ,,, I was up at Lake Winni last week and I think for your needs ya should get some

750X15,, 6ply sidewall ,, studded snow tires,,, :D :D

I here the ramps are slippery this time of year!!! :evilb:

RHC

LapseofReason 01-08-2006 09:59 AM

I have one new Goodyear, make offer.

Too Old 01-08-2006 10:56 AM

....must be getting close....... :eek:

Any tire's fine if you sell every few months. :D

birdog 01-08-2006 11:01 AM