Notices

Swimming pools and boats

Old 01-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Swimming pools and boats

This is an interesting thread, we built my pool at the same time we built our new PA home 5 years ago. We used it constantly for the first few seasons.
For the last few years we spent every weekend on the MD bay, so last summer my wife and I never set foot in the pool, but my children and relatives still make good use of it most every weekend
If you have time to use it , pull the trigger, todays pools are very easy to maintain, I spend an hr or two a week on ours, from April to Sept. Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails Swimming pools and boats-img_0111.jpg   Swimming pools and boats-img_0112.jpg-crop.jpg  
Old 01-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wild warrior, nice set up ( pool ). What is going on with that KILLER SOUND SYSTEM ?????
Old 01-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Superbabi
Wild warrior, nice set up ( pool ). What is going on with that KILLER SOUND SYSTEM ?????
Thanks for the kind words.
Thats my home bar system and a few toy's out of my studio racks that up until last season we would cart out to the pool several times a summer for parties.
I retired a few years back from the Music business , so this is a way to still get my rocks off and not be on the road.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replies..

375Stinger - I boat out of Jamestown @ cumberland been on the N dock & 500's since '88.

Lot of differences of opinions. Appreciate all of them. Once I get and idea in my head, I usually do it. However - those of who don't like them - really hate the f'in things. I am definately putting in the mineral springs, the automatic cleaner, automatic covers and heat pump for the heater. Supposed to start digging in March unless this thread keeps spinning down hill

LP

I HATE WINTER AND THE STEELERS
Old 01-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kidrock
no f'n way i will ever have another pool or another wife one is as bad as the next
Old 01-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts

We put a pool in about 2 years ago. We did one of the fiberglass inserts and enjoy the hell out of it. Depending on where you are, the solar heat panels work real well for us but we are in Charleston, SC. We're moving this Spring to Lake Murray in Columbia, SC and if we buy a home without a pool, we'll be adding one. The automatic cleaners make it so easy, but buy the best one you can, they make a hell of a difference.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Registered

I've built swimming pools my whole life, i go out and do maintenance on pools that we built over 20yrs ago and the people are still enjoying them like they were put in yesterday.Pools are not a big up keep if you clean them and put chemicals about twice a week. the people who gripe about them are usually to lazy to go out and check on it every now and then, which are usually the people that are to lazy to drag their boat 20 miles to the lake or ocean. Why not get one i think you have made the right move, you get the best of both worlds. If anyone in south east Tennessee needs one let me know we can save thousands.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Registered

We have a pool and a pond......pond would be good for you!
Old 01-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Registered

You live over there in Briar right?

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
We have a pool and a pond......pond would be good for you!
Old 01-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Have 2 pools one at the house we live at in st louis hardly ever use it and one at the lake house use it ever weekend, like others have said its great to relax around after a hard day of boating, the one at the lake is only 4ft deep and that is just perfect for cooling off and relaxing.

later
Attached Thumbnails Swimming pools and boats-lake-house-view.jpg   Swimming pools and boats-pool.jpg  

Quick Reply: Swimming pools and boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.