Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its a wonderful gesture.... I'm in!
Old 01-17-2002, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has responded so far. It really hit home for me, too (thanks BG). In one day, the Pay Pal account surpassed $1,000.

I understand the economy is tough right now. However, it is even tougher for the families. If you can't donate, that's ok. How about a decal for your truck or boat this year as a show of support?

If you don't want to put a decal on, that's ok. How about helping by getting the word out (thanks Barney)?

I have high hopes for my "OSO family" to pull together. The HTM families are listening.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Their famlies will be in our prayers also.
Godspeed. God Bless.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:32 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Signed up with paypal and money is on the way. Easy to do just follow the bouncing ball. I was going snow skiing this weekend but I found a better investment.

Like I sad in an earlier post. We have a ton of members on OSO. A little out of the wallet X the # of members can add up quickly.
Let's show the west coast families our support, Mike
Old 01-17-2002, 11:43 AM
One Bad Cat

Thumbs up

Just dropped my Check in the Mail. It makes me feel good to try to help. This is a opportunity for all boaters to help out some other boaters that need it...Not only do they need some cash.. They need our prayers..

Old 01-17-2002, 11:45 AM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Hopefully this doesn't come across wrong. Yesterday I received a call from a very good friend of mine who I haven't heard from in while. Usually when we talk it's when one of us needs a favor. Anyhow I returned his call and he asked if I wanted to do any trucking (being a former long haul driver I usually enjoy geting away for a bit). I told him I wasn't able to because of school, but asked what he was doing. My friend has a company called Innerspace (non profit) and one of their primary functions is deep water recovery. Well he went on to tell me that the LA county police dept. had contacted him about recovering the bodies of some boaters. I thought could this be the HTM accident, so I told him what I had heard through the board and he told me what the police gave him for details. Well they matched up. The reason I brought this up was because I have to imagine it's very hard for the families not to be able to properly say goodbye, and bury their family members. I can say that if my friend does take this job (I don't know if it's up to him or the police) there isn't a better person to do this. I have seen him spend his own money doing exactly the same thing for another family who could not recover their kids. I brought this up just as a thought, I wanted to let you know that I have ultimate faith in this friend of mine and hopefully the recovery of those victims will help with the grieving and healing process for the unfortunate families and friends. I've left out his name since he prefers to do this anonomously. This isn't a plug for him but as a bit of behind the scenes info for you folks following this tragedy.

Les

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Niuhi ]

Hawaii no ka 'oi
Old 01-17-2002, 11:57 AM
Registered

Count me in! I am an owner of a 24'SR. I never got to me Steve personally, but I loved what he was doing for boating. I talked to Steve and Ken on the phone both, and they were always helpful. My prayers are with all the families.
Old 01-17-2002, 12:15 PM
Havasu Barney

Awesome guys!!!

Quick Reply: Remembering our HTM brothers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.