Notices

Need a Lifeline jacket ?

Old 01-16-2002, 01:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Need a Lifeline jacket ?

There is a thread going on over at Hot Boat with a good deal on Life Line race jackets.

http://free.hotboat.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001028.html
Old 01-16-2002, 09:07 AM
Uncle Toys

Sorry Gary, need to ask the dumb question - whats a life line racing jacket?

Old 01-16-2002, 01:50 PM
elimi

Hey Unc:where have you been? Happily boating no doubt!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2002, 01:57 PM
Registered

It is a PFD to keep all of your marbles in place in the event of a crash. They self right you so you are face up instead of face down like many standard life vest. Required at most poker runs and a very good idea when pushing the throttles to the stops.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:59 PM
Registered

UT I have read your post on your new toy, Congrads.
You have spent a lot of cash on that boat. Now is the time for all men and women to click on the post from Garry, plop down some more cash on that big orange thing. Use your kill switch or switches. If you can't afford one of those big orange things. Don't go boatin for a weekend or two. Use that gas money to buy you a big orange thing!
Old 01-16-2002, 03:13 PM
Bayley

UT,
Here's a couple pictures of Life Line Jackets:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Bayley ]

Old 01-16-2002, 06:47 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Bayley, great shots. And nice SUNSATION!
Question, it appears there are straps for the legs or crotch, is this correct? Please give more data and a link if purchase is desired.
I will jump over to HotBoat in a second and read...

We just had an unpleasant experience trying to get new Merc Life Jackets from BOATS UNLIMITED in Utica NY, http://www.boatsunlimitedny.com/index.html
they said Merc cancelled their line but they could get me an order anyway, charged my AMEX that day, they would ship in 4 days FEDEX, 14 days later, 6 phone calls, 2 emails, nothing, no return calls etc...

I will advise (in my opinion) every boater be cautious when doing business with them. One phone call saying they were discontinued and they could not fill my order would have been the professional thing to do...
Ok, I am done venting!
Bryan

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: 2001 26ZX ]
Old 01-16-2002, 06:53 PM
Uncle Toys

Bayley - thanks that's helpful.

MIKEHTMSR24 - Its not the cost, I would just like to learn before spending. We are all in a heighten state emotionally after what happened, but my career is built on staying analytical when others are emotional. Could you guys suggest somewhere for me to read up on the differences between these jackets and others. This is all pretty new to me, so I don't want to go spending money in one direction, then later find there is a better direction. The cost, $375 (or $450) is immaterial - on the other hand - that's more than three times the highest price I have ever paid for a PFD (then again, so is my new boat). In general, what cost that much more? Is the design that "self-rights" the unconscious that intricate?

Honest, I mean no disrespect. I'm just trying to learn!

Old 01-16-2002, 07:25 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Uncle Toys, I agree. I just posted on HotBoat and ask for their homepage etc.
A quick search gives a few retailers and a few stats but not much more.
Online price $400 to $500.
I need 4 new vests in the next couple a months so I too am interested in reading and learning more on these particular jackets.
Thanks
Bryan
Old 01-17-2002, 12:04 PM
Registered

Security Race Products makes racing/poker run high speed life jackets. Either go to;www.SecurityRace.com or to my site;www.BenHedrick.com and link to the SRP page. There are pics there. I run the Offshore Racing Division of SRP, I'm out of Charlotte, NC.

Ben Hedrick
Security Race Products

Quick Reply: Need a Lifeline jacket ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.