Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ANY LAKE GEORGE MEMBERS? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/12014-any-lake-george-members.html)

Sacandaga 01-31-2002 03:04 PM

ANY LAKE GEORGE MEMBERS?

I live on Sacandaga. I am considering boating on Lake George this summer, possibly renting a slip up there. I have never boated on Lake George; What are some good launches/slips? Possibly Bolton Landing?

Gary C 01-31-2002 04:18 PM

I'm sure Shane will respond to this post. He lives in Bolton. I go up every summer for 2 weeks in July. Maybe we can hook up. Then you can bring that 23 pitch Mirage up for me to test! ;)

TYPHOON 01-31-2002 05:03 PM

Our family and a group have been giong every year for the last 6-years. We go the week of July 13th.Chicks marina has been the best place to launch for us.We stay at the Boulders.
Randy

otis311 01-31-2002 05:53 PM

I live directly across the street from Chic's marine. Launch is excellent and besides that you are welcome to put the truck and trailer behind my house for a case or to of boat soda. Docking is a little more scarce. You are welcome to call me @ 644-9115 or 361-0811 and let me know what you are looking for as far as docking and i will check into some places around Bolton for you. Im sure once Shane reads this he will offer up the same for you. He has a nice place not to far from me one Bay south.

Bob Scanlon

Hot Boat 01-31-2002 07:01 PM

I have a camp just a 1/4 mile south of Chicks right across from Huddle beach. If you cant find a place to park the trailer you can give me a call, I should have room for you. I usually launch at Norwall. Its just after the traffic light in Bolton. They have plenty of room for trailer parking. As for a slip I couldn't help you. I usually dock at Shane's house. Thank god for good friends. :D .

Bob we got to get together some day. We are practically neighbor. I guess we will have to wait till you get back from Florida. I hope you have a great time there. Try and track me down when you get back. I have some ideas for your graphics. I will work on them tonight and e-mail you a proof.

SACANDAGA are you going to the oso get together ?????? I think we were going to do it some where in Albany but I think most of us are a bit more north so maybe we should just have it at Lake George somewhere.

otis311 01-31-2002 07:29 PM

Hot Boat,
You are right, there are only 2 houses between us. Can you scan stuff and turn it into vinyl ?? I have a bumper sticker and a shirt that was given to me from some brothers from FDNY, and would like to try and duplicate or do something similar, e-mail me what your ideas are. I just got finished watching some poker run tapes (bored at work again ) and i am really pumped about this.

otis311 01-31-2002 07:32 PM

SACANDAGA, Its about time you get off that duck pond and come over to a REAL lake !! The way things are going you probably wont have a choice, no water will be left in there to go boating on anyways

Bob

Hot Boat 01-31-2002 08:15 PM

Bob scanning off a shirt is tough. I could probably copy it very close, and make any changes you want. If you want leave that shirt some where I get it before you leave. I am heading out for the night. Give me a call tomorrow around 6:00 (845)-528-8646

Also.....any chance I could get a copy of that video to help me get through the winter :D

otis311 01-31-2002 09:11 PM

Sure you can have a copy. Do ypu have 2 vcr's? Ill get you the tape and you can copy it or just borrow it, I usually have it with me in my truck or i can drop it off at your house ?? when are you coming up again ?? Call me @ 361-0811 or 644-9115 when u get a chance

Shane 02-01-2002 07:09 AM

SACANDAGA,

I have a home in Niskayuna that I am at during the week and at the lake on the weekends. I live in Basin Bay. I too have parking if you need it. I would reccomend launching at Norowal over Chic's. Chics have VERY TIGHT quarters and the ramp is primarily sand and not that deep. Just my opinion. There is a motel right next to Chics that has a good ramp too. The OSO get together was tentatively at HOOTERS in Crossgates. Can you make it? Not sure of date yet. E-mail me if you have any further questions. Oh, docking will cost around $100 per foot for season from what I understand.

Shane