Default Re: Dry sump vs. Wet sump #6s

Originally Posted by JCPERF
I thank you and byrd says screw you
Old 01-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saxman
What handling characteristics do the swept back skegs improve?
My understanding is improved sterring and sterring control in the higher speeds.Some boats have a tendancy to crab at higher speeds, which can be improved with better skegs. I believe they also have some effect on the quality of water that the props see, which would help with slippage.

Last edited by 44MTI; 01-15-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
How much difference in speed are the 2 drives?What is the sweptback skeg worth over the wet sump skeg?I have heard alot of #s but has anyone backed to back the drives?
Hi JC, I changed my wet sump to dry sump 6's. I only had them on the boat one day before the "Key west incident" so I can't say much for speed comparason. The thing that made a huge differance is the swept back skeg made hanling much better when really moving. With the old style skegs I would loose steering when I would trim it out. The swept back allowed me to trim it higher so there was more speed. I just don't know how much.

My swept back, dry sump 6's are in the classified at a reduced price for a quick sale!!!! see classifieds or PM lubejobs42 for more info Feb. 22, 06
Old 02-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Hi JC, I changed my wet sump to dry sump 6's. I only had them on the boat one day before the "Key west incident" so I can't say much for speed comparason. The thing that made a huge differance is the swept back skeg made hanling much better when really moving. With the old style skegs I would loose steering when I would trim it out. The swept back allowed me to trim it higher so there was more speed. I just don't know how much.

My swept back, dry sump 6's are in the classified at a reduced price for a quick sale!!!! see classifieds or PM lubejobs42 for more info Feb. 22, 06
Thanks Gino and dont get into any of "those incidents" with the MTI