Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   i think im ready to go racing on a budget (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120388-i-think-im-ready-go-racing-budget.html)

ratman 01-14-2006 03:43 AM

i think im ready to go racing on a budget

after reading about the last worlds and fountains shrink wrap victory i am considering going after a world champion ship but am on a tight budget. i want to know what class will not have any other boats racing in it so i can put a outboard 25hp kicker on a transum bracket and use it to limp across the starting line. i wont be running a high tech state of the art shrink wrapped hull like reggie cuz i cant afford it. if i saran wrap it myself do you think it will make my cig mistress competative.thx for any suggestions. ratman

bouyhunter 01-14-2006 03:48 AM

Re: i think im ready to go racing on a budget

Phil - do you want me to drive - you run the throttles??

ratman 01-14-2006 04:07 AM

bouyhunter your in...since we'll be close to shore (modern day offshore racing) i say we replace the navigator with a bartender!

bouyhunter 01-14-2006 04:10 AM

Agreed!!! -bartender it is. :drink:

Wait, I think a cocktail waitress would be more appropriate :D

ratman 01-14-2006 04:21 AM

i like the way your mind works.....fuggin brilliant dude, a cocktale waitress it is. :drink:

ratman 01-14-2006 04:22 AM

bouyhunter whats going on with the job search?

bouyhunter 01-14-2006 04:30 AM

I talked to Joe, and I just can't make that kind of commitment to a field I don't know. It wouldn't be fair to him. Nice guy, and I think he understood - not that he made me an offer, but it's just not the right time for me to be taking a chance like that. things are pretty stable at home ( for the first time in about 5 years). Don't want to give that up right now. I was down a crazy path for a few years, (not chemicals or anything like that) but trying to figure out where "I" belong.

If you're serious about the racing, I'll do it!!!
You ran the throttles better than I've seen anyone do.
I know how to drive and read the waves - would be a helluva contender.

bouyhunter 01-14-2006 04:32 AM

I still want to make the race down to the Bahama's and back - Like "OLD SCHOOL" racing

CAP071 01-14-2006 08:45 AM

Racing + Budget = impossible

US1 Fountain 01-14-2006 08:53 AM

I see ratmans typing, but hear Sharkey speaking. :drink: :drink: :drink:

It'll take more than shrink rap to make your Cig competetive. :p But go for it anways.