Notices

Transfer Flow Fuel Tanks

Old 01-16-2002, 12:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Post Transfer Flow Fuel Tanks

I am considering adding a Transfer Flow fuel tank to a truck and want to know if anybody has used products from this company. I am considering the Trax-UFS system to add a second fuel tank to the truck. This system transfers fuel from the new tank to the OEM tank automatically as needed. Is there anybody else using this system and if so what are your opinions about it?
Old 01-16-2002, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm interested as well. Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?
Old 01-16-2002, 05:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to the top!
Old 01-17-2002, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I have not used that one but I have done some others . I put a 60 gallon fuel tank with tool box in one of our ford diesels .I used a motorized selector valve to feed both tanks to the engine . Also added a extra in line fuel filter under truck for the big tank and put a small electic fuel pump in line too , to help send it to the motor . Also added an 8' hose from another port on the tank and tied it up under the truck . THis way if someone runs out of fuel you can gravity feed some to there truck . If you use a selector valve on a tank ,don't just use a regular electric valve .MAke sure it is what they call "Motorized"selector valve .It is more of a machanical action inside the switch. The electic one works with a sort of magnetic device and it is not strong enough to hold it closed sometimes . WHat this does is instead of running fuel from one or the other tanks to the motor ,it runs fuel into the other tank that may already be full ! THat sucks ! I had one on a brand new Cabriolet custom cruiser tow rig dump 60 gallons all over the bed of the truck going down the highway on the way home from buying it !

I think useing 2 seperate tanks is better and easier . Just split the lines to the electric motorized switch and run off one tank or the other . Just like trucks used to do when they had 2 factory tanks. ALso make sure when you get a tank ,that it has a guage in it . If I can help more just ask . e-mail me if you want . JOE
Old 01-17-2002, 11:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Boot. I decided against adding the second tank from Transfer Flow even though it looked like a good setup. I ordered a truck from the factory with 2 tanks (F-450 Powerstroke Pickup) instead of buying the one on the lot and adding a second tank. The only downfall is the 5 week wait. It will still be here before the warm weather, so the wait is no big deal.