Notices

New Powerboat Mag

Old 01-16-2002, 02:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Shane,
What's up brother?? That's the first I heard that Craig called you personally and asked you to lighten up on PB?
Man, you must have really got their attention.
I wish we could get them interested in covering a story on what CFW is doing to HELP the MANATEE and powerboaters alike. Oh well, that's why I dropped my PB subscription like a bad habit!!
Talk to soon,
MD
BTW, I guess I owe you a "Thanks" too, because after the thread of yours, "PB sells out to the ECO-Radicals" and all the *****ing you and I did on that thread, I got a FREE copy of Dec. 2001 PB direct from the offices in Aventura in the mail about a week after that thread started. I sent an e-mail to Craig asking why/how I got a free copy, and he said he had no idea why I got a free copy. So Shane, thanks again.
MD

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Dean Ferry ]
Old 01-16-2002, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You got it Dean-o! I got your back buddy!

Shane
Old 01-16-2002, 03:42 PM
GRH

Please enlighten me... I can't see where cancelling a subscription or continuing to criticize a publication helps the CFW cause.... Why would PB accept an offer to help them from someone who won't accept thier apology... I would suggest you get passt PB's gaffe... as bad as it was... and look to how you can get them on your side... I reviewed the CFW website and found it very well organized and informative... Print some decals & sell some memberships... generate some positive ideas as well as some capital... I'd be glad to be a member of an organization designed to promote Pleasureboaters rights... I'm certain I'm not alone... but take the high road.... remember ... "Keep your friends close... and your enemies closer".... If PB is the enemy... which it arguably has been portrayed as... convert them.... They want to sell magazine & you already have thier attention....

Old 01-16-2002, 03:51 PM
GRH

Too Old.... Didn't mean to single you out or offend you.... You must be Fred? I've got PB mag's from the late 70's... & they put me in with the 15-20 year group... so thier math isn't great either... point was complaining just to complain doesn't do any good... You've got thier attention ... use it..

Old 01-16-2002, 04:15 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

GRH,
I dropped my subscription because I thought it was a better investment to take my subscription $$ and send to the CFW legal defense fund. PB isn't doing anything to help us Fl. powerboaters, and I guess they are not obliged to help us, so we have to help ourselves.
I do miss reading PB and the cool pictures, it's just I'm a fairly principled man, and it's against my principles to support someone/something, (PB) who doesn't support my powerboating interests. We would like to have PB do an article of what CFW is doing, BUT, we will push forward without them. Besides, Craig C. told me PB doesn't respond to reader demands, if we asked nicely, MAYBE PB would respond. And I asked as nicely as I could in the e-mail i sent to PB. I don't know what else to say/do to get them to respond?
MD
Old 01-16-2002, 04:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GREAT JOB TOO OLD
OSO IS A POWERFUL WEB SITE,WITH A GREAT PEOPLE,THAT I`M HAPPY TO BE PART OF OSO
MIKE
Old 01-17-2002, 08:48 AM
GRH

Dean Ferry - I understand your frustration and also your decision to drop your subscription as a last resort... or statement of principal.... I have considered droping my subscription over the last 10 years for reasons alot less important then the situation your facing in Florida... Would it be appropriate to post the address of the CFW legal defense fund? If not, would you E Mail me the address.... Good luck with your efforts...

Old 01-17-2002, 08:58 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

GRH,
Thanks for your interest. The web site is www.cfwbrevard.org the address to mail to is in the Menu on Main page.
Take care and thanks again,
MD
Old 01-17-2002, 10:18 AM
GRH

Dean - I'm not the brightest light in the shed... I looked over that website earlier 7 should have remembered.... oh well... Your welcome & it's clearly a just cause for every boater everywhere.... good luck again....