Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in nj >

check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in nj

Notices

check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in nj

Old 01-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in

oblvnxprs, the seller is pissing backwards or so it seems! ive pm'ed him and he's had time to post on this thread twice since i called and left messages and pm'ed him. looks like a shakey deal all around. several people pm'ed and advised me to pass on this one so im out, thx for being such a stand up guy 1 fast toy. if you didn't want to take the 10,500.00 i offered you shuldn't have agreed to it dude. i had everything lined up on my end tranportation to get it here to fla, was ready to send the cake when you gave me your address and made arrangemants to get the documentation to me. at this point i wouldn't touch it without a survey anyway with the floor and stringer replacement it must have lived a rather harsh life or one or more ownerrs didn't take good care of her, its a shame. good luck selling it BTW, r u related to big scotty he too was full of chit?
Old 01-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in

Originally Posted by ratman
... the seller is from jersey so maybe it a regional thing.

A, yo, What the f.. is that supposed to mean?

Better not let a "jersey guy" haul the boat or maybe it will end up in a container at the port. It's a regional thing
Old 01-17-2006, 09:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINATLAST
The Hammond had new stringers put in it???? Did you have it looked over (inspected) maybe its a good thing the seller is not returning your call, Donzi sounds better...
I am not in cahoots with owner - that boat runs strong, end of discusion, I have seen that first hand on the Delware River and in the C&D Canal. As far as structural integrity, I did not go through the boat, but I have seen the boat at the boat ramp, Barber's Basin, in Salem NJ. There is absolutely no comparision between that boat and a 18' Donzi in performance. I have had a 18" Donzi one summer (1988). I so I can qualify last statement with experience; however, the 18' Donzi with the Arneson drive (Geo's) that has a blown SBC, is the real deal, but that is separate issue.

This boat is a nice hot-rod, accelerates strong. I like hot-rods, that is just me. Hopefully the buyer and seller here can get this straightened-out. Both of you good luck in your transaction.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
I am not in cahoots with owner - that boat runs strong, end of discusion, I have seen that first hand on the Delware River and in the C&D Canal. As far as structural integrity, I did not go through the boat, but I have seen the boat at the boat ramp, Barber's Basin, in Salem NJ. There is absolutely no comparision between that boat and a 18' Donzi in performance. I have had a 18" Donzi one summer (1988). I so I can qualify last statement with experience; however, the 18' Donzi with the Arneson drive (Geo's) that has a blown SBC, is the real deal, but that is separate issue.

This boat is a nice hot-rod, accelerates strong. I like hot-rods, that is just me. Hopefully the buyer and seller here can get this straightened-out. Both of you good luck in your transaction.
I'm sure the boat runs very good, I've had no personal experience with either the smaller Donzi or Hammond. I have heard that those Hammonds were very good hulls, that being said my statement rested of the facts of replaced stringers not the brand itself. After knowing that fact I would not purchase that boat without a very strict inspection, thus I would be leaning towards the Donzi.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Registered

yo smarty no problem dude, this whole deal just started smelling funny so i taking a pass, i'll be more than happy with and 18 donzi with a stout sbc, thats what i was originally looking for when i saw the challenger, i dont ned to go 125 like george but will get it running hard, and i'll know i have a sound boat. i understand you have seen it run and it runs hards, but im going on faith with a purchase sight unseen that its sound inside and out. and i lost the faith in this whole deal. besides i have a 35ft cig that'l be sport 2000hp so i got me a real deal rough water boat, this will just be a toy for running the canal behind my house and blasting around to the bars on tampabay. thanks for your input on the boat none the less, peace out. ratman
Old 01-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Registered

A, yo, What the f.. is that supposed to mean?
just bustin balls not to worry its all good. rm
Old 01-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Default Re: check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in nj

Originally Posted by kitten
I smell a.... RAT.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Registered

Default Re: check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in nj

Ratman,
I have no idea about this perticular boat and have no opinion on it. However, My company replaces stringers and transomes in this vintage boat as well as newer, much newer ones everyday. And they are better than they left the factory. Materials and construction techniques have vastly improved since these boats were built.

I would be a little suspect of any smaller boat of this vintage that hasn't had a floor or stringers or a transom replaced.

With that being said, I wouldn't buy ANY boat without a survey. It keeps everyone honest.

Just my $.02
Old 01-17-2006, 10:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
yo smarty no problem dude, this whole deal just started smelling funny so i taking a pass, i'll be more than happy with and 18 donzi with a stout sbc, thats what i was originally looking for when i saw the challenger, i dont ned to go 125 like george but will get it running hard, and i'll know i have a sound boat. i understand you have seen it run and it runs hards, but im going on faith with a purchase sight unseen that its sound inside and out. and i lost the faith in this whole deal. besides i have a 35ft cig that'l be sport 2000hp so i got me a real deal rough water boat, this will just be a toy for running the canal behind my house and blasting around to the bars on tampabay. thanks for your input on the boat none the less, peace out. ratman
Sounds good, I myself would never purchase sight unseen, so I can completely understand where you are coming from, if it doesn't feel right then...

I did not realize your Cig was that much of a hot-rod, now that solves that problem. Looks like you got things all under control. Let me know how fast that Cig runs when you get it all together, that will be interesting. Take care.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Registered

F$@k IT!!
It wasnt meant to be. Youll end up finding a DONZI thats
perfect for ya. Looking through the classifieds is a nice
way to pass the time anyways.

Quick Reply: check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in nj

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.