Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Big Dry Stack at Sanibel (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120672-big-dry-stack-sanibel.html)

jayboat 01-17-2006 11:40 AM

Big Dry Stack at Sanibel

2 Attachment(s)
Over at Punta Rassa this am and shot these at Sanibel Harbor. This thing is MASSIVE. :eek:

Vertical parking for 380 vessels... 88% full already.

I'll go out on a limb here and guess there will be a lot of activity in the area.

Panther 01-17-2006 11:43 AM

Re: Big Dry Stack at Sanibel

I'll be there next week, I'll have to check it out.

I heard that a lot of the trees on Sanibel were wiped out??

jayboat 01-17-2006 12:40 PM

Can't personally vouch for that, but it's what I've heard from people that have been here for a while. I moved here a couple weeks after the storm and had never been over there before.

salesmanship 01-17-2006 01:33 PM

That's Sanibel Harbor Marina which is not on Sanibel itself but in Punta Rassa, the last exit before the causway toll. It's a Rack-ominium. The slots are for sale. Great Location!
Call Steven Knight @ 239-489-2969
TS
BTW Sanibel itself looks pretty good since Charley. Fewer trees but mostly recovered.

jayboat 01-17-2006 04:48 PM

Thanks for clarifying that, Terry. :D

Panther, it's worth a drive-by if you are going to Sanibel. The photos don't really convey the size of the building.

Panther 01-17-2006 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat
Thanks for clarifying that, Terry. :D

Panther, it's worth a drive-by if you are going to Sanibel. The photos don't really convey the size of the building.

Cool, we'll check it out on our way to Chee Burger Chee Burger,,,, that is if it's still there... :drink:

dyno 01-17-2006 06:26 PM

WOW! Thats a huge eye sore in that high dollar district!!!cant believe they allowed it,I guess money talks! Rackominium thats a great idea, wish they would do that here in Michigan.Love to go to Gradma Dots on the Island for lunch not going to make it this year with a new baby coming in July I need to save some vacation.....bummer :(

jayboat 01-17-2006 07:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yep, Chee Burger Chee Burger is still there. The island is doing fine... very little evidence of damage.

dyno- the point (punta rassa) is fairly small, and actually it is miles in all directions to any buildings. I believe there are 3 large bldgs that mostly surround the storage bldg- the resort, and 2 condo towers. As Terry said, it's a great location for a facility such as this.