Notices

What u dealers smoking?

Old 01-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What u dealers smoking?

All the sunsation owners are asking like 10% over average Nada? Is this a conspiracy?
Old 01-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What u dealers smoking?

No different than anything else. Supply/demand market sets the price. offer them what it's worth to you.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Beachbob,

You need to see the value explanations at the bottom of the page especially the Note:

Value Explanations
Low Retail Value — A low retail valued boat will show excessive wear and tear either cosmetically and/or mechanically. This boat will require cosmetic or mechanical work and may or may not be in running order. The buyer can expect to invest in cosmetic and/or mechanical work. Low retail vessels usually are not found on a dealer's lot.

Average Retail Value — An average retail valued boat should be in good condition with no visible damage or defects. This boat will show moderate wear and tear and will be in sound running condition. The buyer may need to invest in either minor cosmetic or mechanical work.

Note: Vessels in exceptional condition can be worth a significantly higher value than the Average Retail Price shown.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Registered

NADA is a guideline. It is not an absolute figure. Sunsation is a semi-custom, and in some cases - completely custom, boat. If the boat has been kept in good shape mechanically and cosmetically it should bring a premium over the guideline. If the boat and engines were abused then you should be lowering your offer by an amount that will compensate you for repairing the boat to good condition.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

also, isnt nada just records of boats SALE prices? correct me if im wrong, as i usually am so say if a boat is being asked 89-90grand, it would not be unusual to purchase it at 80.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boats are a depreciating asset. Therefore Nada keeps records of sales. The average would be ones that already sold. Therefore the next sales should be considerably lower then the prices posted ? right?
Old 01-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you are viewing a current one, it should be between a few weeks and 3 months old. boats are very different one from another, so its much harder to compare one to another. its worth only what someone is willing to pay for it.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to agree with You. I looked at the (advertised/asking) prices of the 28.8 and laughed hard. I offered a dealer last year a resonable price for a 32 he said No. I went and bought a Cruiser instead. He still calls me once in a while asking if I'm still shopping

Even the used prices are way high

I owned a 2000 28.8 It was awesome.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts

Nada also does not include the value of a trailer.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:04 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by beachbob
Boats are a depreciating asset. Therefore Nada keeps records of sales. The average would be ones that already sold. Therefore the next sales should be considerably lower then the prices posted ? right?
if you are trying to buy from a dealer a boat that is a couple of years old, and try to offer low retail, my guess is you will be shopping for awhile... low retail from an individual maybe if they need to sell, but not from a dealer unless they have been sitting on that boat for a long time...

Quick Reply: What u dealers smoking?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.