Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Awesome cat on Ebay

you're right...Mares is Sonic.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orlando
Yes hit the dirt means the closing of his doors in 2004,someone was trying to pass of older hulls as new.
I am sure you know more that I do when it comes to the "real deal" on what went down at the Awesome plant on Marine City Hwy. I don't remember seeing the 38 that is in the ad (or any other 38) outside the building. There was an old 31 bare hull on the east side of the building sitting on the ground.

I don't even remember seeing it in the building in 2004. I spent some time in that building between January and April of 2004. Same time Warcat was being rigged and errrrrr finished for Lane. My 31 was there for some upgrades. Contrary to some of Jim's exploits, he finished everything perfectly (Ok his workers did), on time and to the dollar amount quoted.

I share the same feelings that 26awesome stated. Have not had one problem with my Awesome and performs great for it's size and errrrrrr weight.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ViciousOne
Whats going on Chris you should stop by and see the new place.
I have a old 39' Conquest Cat in here with a pair of Lambo V/12's in it pretty cool old boat!!

Spark
Hello Spark, Would you be interested in some further upgrades that I have in mind for my 31 Awesome? Richard
Old 03-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Registered

Richard, Just give me a call and we'll chat about what ya want to do.

Spark
Old 03-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Payton
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/38-Aw...QQcmdZViewItem

The ad is for an Awesome 38 cat with 502s and #5 drives. Sounds bullit proof, but what was the deal with Awesome? Are they building boats again? I thought there was some problems and they were gone.
Also, with 502s they claim 100mph. That seems a little optimistic to me.
What should it sell for?
Getting back to the original thread content, some good points were made on the possible history of this boat. Demand a marine survey by a professional firm/person. On performance claims, well it's all small talk. I have a fresh 100 dollar bill that states that boat, with those motors pictured is never going to do 100mph. GPS or no GPS.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Registered

I agree even a 31' with the weight they came in at had a hard time going past the century mark in stock factory set up.
The 38' Awesome was a modified 35' Profile cat which never ran very well. The 35' Profile was a modified 33' Express race deck that was a great working boat back in the late 80's.
If you look at a 38' Awesome and a 33' Express on a rack you can plainly see it is the identical bottom except for the 7' addition on the a$$ end, the problem being the angle on the tunnel was never changed so the tunnel is very short at the outlet and as heavy as it is it never really lifts enough to open the tunnel.
Sorry, I have to stop I can go on and on about the 38' Awesome subject!

Spark
Old 07-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Awesome cat on Ebay I just bought

Hey Guys I just bough tthis boat i live in Tampa Fl and the boat is in Detroit i am flying up to Michagin this Thursday any and all comments are grealty APPRECIATED I AM NOT LOOKING TO GO 108 MPH SO IF IT IS SOWER THAN GOOD FOR ME .BUT I AM CONCERNED BECAUSES PEOPLE SAY THEY FLIP EASY DIFFERENT DRIVE FEEL AND THE INSURANCE IS HARD TO GET I CURRENTLY HAVE A 34 WELLCRAFT SC AND A 30 NORDIC ONE IS TOO SMALL AND THE OTHER TOO SLOW .Jim told me he built this for himself is that bull **** or what he also said the 502 have work donre t them and cams ect.hr said the survey cam ein @ 240k and aIam paying 90K w. different trailor so why so cheap should i be concerned>>
Jeff

Last edited by onebenzman; 07-11-2006 at 09:19 PM.