Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who builds the best lakes, GOD or the Ary Corps of Engineers? >

Who builds the best lakes, GOD or the Ary Corps of Engineers?

Notices
View Poll Results: Who builds a better lake? GOD or the Army Corps of Engineers?
GOD
76.67%
Army Corps of Engineers
23.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Who builds the best lakes, GOD or the Ary Corps of Engineers?

Old 01-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Who builds the best lakes, GOD or the Ary Corps of Engineers?

God just gave us boaters more space to boat it was Chocolate Town
Old 01-20-2006, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Who builds the best lakes, GOD or the Ary Corps of Engineers?

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
JB, I go to Lake of the Ozarks on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Shootout weekend. I go to look at people and boats. If you are looking for peaceful tranquility and no other boats, then make a U-turn. I feel scenery areas are fine for the first 5 minutes. I go for the crowds and people. I do poker runs for the same reason. Some of the bars at LOTO have as many as 2-3000 people on any given weekend. I have boated at many lakes and the ocean and I prefer LOTO to any place in the country.

Mark Smith
Thanks Mark, This is what I was looking for.
I was wondering what people liked most about the area they boated in. That is what makes this Country so great, we have choices, and everybody likes different things but if somebody likes something different than you, that doesn't make them a bad person. Just think, if we all liked the same thing we would all be at the same lake, the boats would all look the same and the girls would all be NUDE. Wait...I hope we all like that one
I like the northern Great Lakes myself but would love to see LOTO and party cove on the 4th of July, from someone else's boat though.
So people tell me what draws YOU to your area. Thanks, JB
Old 01-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Steve_H

been to san fran bay, discover bay, tahoe, havasu, mead, grand, lewisville, and loto. nothing comes close to loto for entertainment imho. but, some day i hope to run offshore in crystal clear water. maybe a trip from miami to bahamas. cant imagine anything better then that

Old 01-20-2006, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_H
been to san fran bay, discover bay, tahoe, havasu, mead, grand, lewisville, and loto. nothing comes close to loto for entertainment imho. but, some day i hope to run offshore in crystal clear water. maybe a trip from miami to bahamas. cant imagine anything better then that

I'd love to do that one myself, and just think, Miami to Bahamas is only half the distance that it is across Lake Michigan.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve_H
Good answer Steve

My answer was going to be:
Who built LOTO
Old 01-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CAP071
God just gave us boaters more space to boat it was Chocolate Town
LMAO that would make Blank-Head and Nagin the best lake builders then!!!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Registered

What about the Glaciers that dragged massive amounts of sand from up north, then deposited it in a spot that is now Long Island.......Those Glaciers left us with the Long Island Sound which is some great boating water and also accounts for a very large portion of my buisness. Thanks God.....job well done...
Old 01-21-2006, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by JOHNNYD454
What about the Glaciers that dragged massive amounts of sand from up north, then deposited it in a spot that is now Long Island.......Those Glaciers left us with the Long Island Sound which is some great boating water and also accounts for a very large portion of my buisness. Thanks God.....job well done...
YOUR WELCOME.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:40 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wherever I am at the time is the best boating for me.
From the Keys to the St. Lawrence and anywhere in between.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:03 AM
Registered

jb,
when you find a place to boat that is better than the northern great lakes let me know. charlevoix, grand and little traverse, green bay, door county, s. fox, beaver, escanaba, mackinaw, the soo, north channel, georgean bay, the list goes on and on. the season is just too darn short.
everytime i head elsewhere i have a blast but always come back and think there is no place like home. grand haven, chicago, detroit, saginaw, sheboygan, sausage tuck, loto, cumberlain, cleveland, cedar point(very cool for the kids) they just dont compare to the water and sites that we have here. you have to head back to loto for memorial or labor day (for you loto people iam the 4th of july is much crazyier but its not worth leaving our home for) to witness the mass of humanity. we may head back to loto this memorial day will let you know, we have found memories of party cove. he turns four in a few weeks

Last edited by yzbert; 01-22-2006 at 07:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Who builds the best lakes, GOD or the Ary Corps of Engineers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.