Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who builds the best lakes, GOD or the Ary Corps of Engineers? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120817-who-builds-best-lakes-god-ary-corps-engineers.html)

JB4Boyne 01-19-2006 11:06 AM

Who builds the best lakes, GOD or the Army Corps of Engineers?

I had the pleasure of going out on a boat on Monday down at Lake Of The Ozarks, (LOTO) I have heard so many good things about this lake but it wasn't what I expected, Wow, was there alot of houses and boats, It must really be crowded in the summer, and there were alot of boats still in the water. I'm use to Lake Charlevoix and the northern part of the Great Lakes, where you don't have to worry as much about someone running into you.
But my question for all of you is: Where and what do you like about boating???

Wobble 01-19-2006 11:54 AM

Re: Who builds the best lakes, GOD or the Ary Corps of Engineers?

I live on a river (San Jacinto) that runs out to Galveston Bay and from there I can take the ICW east or west or go offshore. Plenty of variety and little of the over-zealous enforcement or overcrowded boating situations I see on Lake Conroe or Lake Travis.

I would vote Natural, however a lot of my route is dredged periodically. :D

I like having direct access to offshore waters, wish they looked like the Caribbean waters though:D .

I havn't been to LOTO, but would like to.

salesmanship 01-19-2006 11:56 AM

Guess it depends on what God gave you. In Missouri for example, the largest natural lake in the state is Creve Coeur Lake outside of STL. Glad I don't have to depend on that one for boat sales. :D

JaayTeee 01-19-2006 12:26 PM

God's lakes don't silt in as fast as the USACE's,
but, the USACE's usually, are "adjustable" to
give us more water,when they do,
but, God controls the fluctuations
of that water supply. ( spring rains)

I'm just happy to have a USACE project
5 minutes from the house ( even with all
it's pitfalls)

rdp145 01-19-2006 12:45 PM

Well the corp. is god just ask them :D

glassdave 01-19-2006 01:01 PM

well . . god builds the best lakes . . . but we make up for it by building better boobs :D :D :D

rdp145 01-19-2006 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave
well . . god builds the best lakes . . . but we make up for it by building better boobs :D :D :D

Boobs and the corp. one in the same
:D

Steve Zuckerman 01-19-2006 02:04 PM

You left one "lake manufacturer" out, who does a LOT of business in TN, NC, GA, AL, and KY..........TVA.
Steve

Mac 01-19-2006 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Guess it depends on what God gave you. In Missouri for example, the largest natural lake in the state is Creve Coeur Lake outside of STL. Glad I don't have to depend on that one for boat sales. :D

I used to run drag boats on that lake, very short shut down area.

salesmanship 01-19-2006 02:28 PM

I know. I'm sure I hauled your azz around when I worked the patrol boats! :drink: Did you ever put er on the beach?
T