Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
yo craig can you ask the mrs what kind of canefeild heads are on her new motors lol >

yo craig can you ask the mrs what kind of canefeild heads are on her new motors lol

Notices

yo craig can you ask the mrs what kind of canefeild heads are on her new motors lol

Old 01-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: yo craig can you ask the mrs what kind of canefeild heads are on her new motors l

thx craig been trying to make the sportsman like you have work, have you had a chance to run you hot rod since the enw power was installed? if so how well did it run? take care and thx for your help, ratman
Old 01-24-2006, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: yo craig can you ask the mrs what kind of canefeild heads are on her new motors l

Originally Posted by ratman
thx craig been trying to make the sportsman like you have work, have you had a chance to run you hot rod since the enw power was installed? if so how well did it run? take care and thx for your help, ratman
Did he call you???

It's going to be a 2-3 weeks before I take it out and run it, but I did hear them run last weekend. They sound OK .......for HP500's.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Registered

yes he did, he's gonna get me some info in the am, thx and let me know how she runs when you get her wet thx, rm
Old 01-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: yo craig can you ask the mrs what kind of canefeild heads are on her new motors lol

Originally Posted by OldSchool
509's

...and that is my final answer!!!

Rat,
I just called the man and I'll post on here when he gets back to me.
Thats not bad cubic inches for 7 cylinders. I think you need to get JC's calculator out and do all 8 cylinders
Old 01-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: yo craig can you ask the mrs what kind of canefeild heads are on her new motors lol

Rat, using the figures you posted, I came up with 588 Cu.In, motor using 4.500 bore,4.625 stroke and a 6.535 rod (most poular combo). I used to work for Canfield Cylinder Head here in Ohio, and I can't recall setting up a set of 350 runners with Jesel rockers,although I'm sure they were used by some customers. I do however recall doing a few with Crower shaft rockers, with no problems. I believe we had an installed height of around 2.00"
We manufactured a 310 Runner as well as a 350 runner in 110,113, and 119cc chamber sizes. The 350's had a 125cc chamber available as well. The 310 runner heads had an "as cast" chamber and the 350's had a CNC profile chamber. Both heads have a (.600) raised exhaust port.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Registered

scarab do you still have contacts at canefield? let me know, thx ratman
Old 01-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ratman
scarab do you still have contacts at canefield? let me know, thx ratman
Rat, try (330) 533-7092 or (330) 533-0750 Ask for John or George, they should be able to help you. I know buisness gets slow in the winter, so their hours vary, and sometimes those guys are hard to reach. If you leave a message, John is usually very promp in returning a call.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Registered

i spoke with john, he told me to get shims from jesel and put em under my sportsman rockers, but i need .300 and my engine builder feels its too much an will not be stable with the big solid roller and high spring presures, also the tie bar for the sportsmans will run out of travel if i jack them up with shims. so im trading up to the pro series to make sure i will not have any valve train issues. thx for the help everyone. ratman
Old 01-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Registered

No problem RM, I think you're doing the right thing in purchasing the pro series.....
Old 01-26-2006, 09:50 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Ratman, I run the Comp Series on the 350 Canfield....KCS-20087. You don't need the pro series. If you like I can give them a call and find out exactly the part number we used. They took one of my heads and actually set up their tooling.

Quick Reply: yo craig can you ask the mrs what kind of canefeild heads are on her new motors lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.