Notices

Another Question?

Old 01-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Question?

I am looking at a rig with 500efi's(38 hours) . I will be running in salt water...(any coments) These do not have closed cooling ? Any warranty's out their for these engines? (I know these engines have been discontinued is reliabitly a issue?)Here's the boat http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...searchtype=buy Anyone know this boat or have info on the hull? I will be adding a small cabin if i purchase this boat (no V birth). Any ideas about cost?

PS Gratz Clay (sweet ride)

Last edited by beachbob; 01-21-2006 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Another Question?

I'm in the process of buying a 29 Fountain and I made sure that my engine of choice was a 525 and not a 500. Plus that is a raceboat and I'm sure it's been beaten up by hard running in rough water. I think you're better off with something that hasn't been raced. Just my opinion. Don't worry dude, you'll find your machine. I think the 288 is a fine machine and thought about it a lot. Runs about 70 with the 496 and not too expensive.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another Question?

That is a great price for that boat...is there no cabin at all or is it just unfinished?