Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
South Beach Miami Hotel Recommendations? >

South Beach Miami Hotel Recommendations?

Notices

South Beach Miami Hotel Recommendations?

Old 01-21-2006, 07:54 AM
bn
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default South Beach Miami Hotel Recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel on or near the beach in South Beach that might not be booked up in February?

I have found a couple of places on the beach, but it seems like $399/night is the going rate. Looking for something around $200/night (or less).

We would like to be near a nice area of the beach and some restaurants.

We have never been to South Beach and it’s hard to tell where the place to be is looking on the internet.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: South Beach Miami Hotel Recommendations?

Forget South Beach during the Miami show. Anything worth staying in is booked or $600 a night. Stay little bit north and take a cab. I've been stuck in some real crap hotels in South Beach and learned my lesson.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:15 AM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good luck it's kind of late if you are talking about the Boat Show. But look for anything around 10th or 12th and Collins or Ocean Dr.

....BZ
Old 01-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

We stayed at the Holiday in on collins ave. It was fairly cheap, and its on the beach. Rooms were ok, clean, and not far.

The Delano is the hotel to be at, go there for drinks for sure. Beautiful women, good music, bar is outside by the pool at night. Lots of good restaurants on ocean drive. You can walk from one end to the other, some nice bars and stuff. Also, if you want to go for a nice steak or seafood dinner, check out smith and wollensky. Its on the water, and the outside bar is cool and great martini's. Its at the south end of South Miami Beach. You can go to the cigarette racing factory and do a tour. That was really cool. South Beach is expensive, they include the tip on the tab mostly everywhere. Be prepared to see lots of ferrari's, lamborghinis, bently's, etc.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:59 AM
bn
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We are actually staying with relatives up near Margate, but we wanted to get hotel room on/near the beach for a couple of nights during the week. We are coming down 2/11, I believe the boat show is the following weekend.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:46 AM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

margate is pretty far I guess your off Rt 441 try the Beacon or colony or a place 1 blok off beach called the hotel there all old retro hotels clean remodeled retro
Old 01-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Registered

Best Western may have some room avail.

You won't impress the Trumps, but at $150-$160 a night, you can't go wrong.

Bryan
Old 01-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Registered

I've stayed at the Hotel Shelly. 1 Blocl off the beach. Nice bar, location etc and the price was reasonable. Rooms are great!
Originally Posted by bn
Can anyone recommend a nice hotel on or near the beach in South Beach that might not be booked up in February?

I have found a couple of places on the beach, but it seems like $399/night is the going rate. Looking for something around $200/night (or less).

We would like to be near a nice area of the beach and some restaurants.

We have never been to South Beach and it’s hard to tell where the place to be is looking on the internet.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Registered

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn, I think it was a Holiday Inn, diaginally across Collins from Wolfies. Not bad on the beach and a quick cab ride to South Beach. I think there is an Outback Steakhouse attached.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We stayed at the Riu the last two years for the Boat show. The rates should be in your range. Rooms are fine, especially the one's with a balcony overlooking the ocean. It's on the beach. The pool and outdoor bar are really nice. I believe it's just a few blocks north of the Holiday Inn mentioned above because I remember seeing the Outback on one of our strolls south.

Quick Reply: South Beach Miami Hotel Recommendations?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.