Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Has anyone cruised the Caribbean islands? >

Has anyone cruised the Caribbean islands?

Notices

Has anyone cruised the Caribbean islands?

Old 01-23-2006, 07:04 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone cruised the Caribbean islands?

Oh yeah, the plane off Norman's. That was a DC-3 right? It had lots of interesting history. <gg>
Old 01-23-2006, 07:07 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Kanookstr
That has been changed to 2007.
oops...it's 2008 till passport.
Here is the info
New Requirements for Travelers

The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 requires that by January 1, 2008, travelers to and from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada have a passport or other secure, accepted document to enter or re-enter the United States. In order to facilitate the implementation of this requirement, the Administration is proposing to complete it in phases following a proposed timeline, which will be published in the Federal Register in the near future.

This is a change from prior travel requirements and will affect all United States citizens entering the United States from countries within the Western Hemisphere who do not currently possess valid passports. This new requirement will also affect certain foreign nationals who currently are not required to present a passport to travel to the United States. Most Canadian citizens, citizens of the British Overseas Territory of Bermuda, and to a lesser degree, Mexican citizens will be affected by the implementation of this requirement.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

We just booked a house on St.John we did this two years ago what a great time, the water is beautiful. Any one been to a place called Foxy`s on one of the smaller islands.

If you go to St. Johns don`t forget to stop by Woodys, happy hour starts at Three sharp
Old 01-23-2006, 08:11 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=masi242]. Any one been to a place called Foxy`s on one of the smaller islands.

Foxys is on Jost Van Dyke, BVI.. We did New Years 2001 there, stayed at Sand Castle, Soggy Dollar bar.

I lived on Puerto Rico for six years and kept our boat in Fajardo which provided access for quick runs to the Virgin Islands. Lots of trips and many great memories.

P huges.. The run to the Greater Antilles can be easily made on a small craft if you have time. I ran a small boat with only a 200 NM range @ 20kts from Slidell, LA to San Juan. The longest run was from Provo to Puerto Plata at 163 NM. I know of a 25 FT Grady White that ran down from Miami. If you have the ability to wait for weather and plan your trip its fun and easy. The outer islands of the Bahamas and Turks and Caicos are very accomodating. Dom Rep can be a bit dicy. In Puerto Plata we had an agent and hired security guards to watch the security guards while we stayed at a very nice resort. Casa De Campo is a whole different story however, and its all good.

I really wish I was still on Puerto Rico, I spent so much time on St.John it felt like a second home and I really miss it.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:49 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Hey Sean, you are going to be on my next boat! I want a 58 Hat yachtfish for the next boat while keeping the Sonic. Captains have told me with an upgraded bow towing eye, and the canvas cover on, it would be no problem to tow my 30 foot Sonic across/through the waves to the Bahamas and offshore up the east coast .

I'd appreciate knowing what your captain thinks about this also. Have a great trip, I'd like to get your feedback on your return.

Last edited by CBR; 01-23-2006 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:00 PM
good2go38
VIP Member

Originally Posted by engreps
Is there a cell service that works best. I will need cell service on this trip. I didn't need it on previous trips.
Cell Phone service worked in areas around the BVI. It's about $4 a minute. The mountains did effect the service.
I believe 'The Moorings' web site has some info on boat phones.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:13 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by masi242
We just booked a house on St.John we did this two years ago what a great time, the water is beautiful. Any one been to a place called Foxy`s on one of the smaller islands.

If you go to St. Johns don`t forget to stop by Woodys, happy hour starts at Three sharp
When you going there Mark??? We are leaving for Punta cana feb 4th till the 11th. Who's around for that week??? would love to maybe hook up
Old 01-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Registered

Claude, we will not be going until Dec we just booked a nice house, I wish it wasn`t so far off I just want a nice view
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone cruised the Caribbean islands?-st.-john.jpg   Has anyone cruised the Caribbean islands?-st.john2.jpg  
Old 01-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Registered

bcshoe, I take it Foxy`s is worth a day trip? Any thing on Tortola to see? We just love being on the Island not alot of rules
Old 01-24-2006, 07:56 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tortola is really quiet. A run to Cane Garden Bay is usually good but check the weather a north swell can dirty it up a bit. When on Tortola we usually stayed at Villiage Cay and had great food at the Spagehtti Junction and Village Cay Resturant.

When you go to Foxys take the time to go to Soggy Dollar Bar. Since your staying on St. John I would rent a boat and run around. You could hit Skinny legs in Coral Bay, Soggy Dollar, Foxys, and finish off at Willie T's on Norman Island before going back to Cruz Bay. But then again your on St. John so no matter what you do its great. Some incredible days, nights, days were at Duffys,Woodys, the Beach Bar and that Corner BBQ Joint.

Have Fun,

Quick Reply: Has anyone cruised the Caribbean islands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.