Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ExxonMobil Price Increase 3/1/06 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121125-exxonmobil-price-increase-3-1-06-a.html)

vandy021 01-23-2006 04:02 PM

ExxonMobil Price Increase 3/1/06

Since a lot of you use Mobil prdoucts on your boats, and as a distributor for ExxonMobil branded lubes.......

I wanted to pass a message a long to all of you who are using Mobil 1 and Exxon / Mobil products on your boats and cars. Or if you happen to buy any industrail lubes.

There has been 24 price increases since 2001... Once again there will be one on March 1st. It seems like every 90 days finished lubes are going up.

Grab the Mobil 1 while you can, b/c it's going to be going up .60 cents per gallon. That's almost $1.92 in the past year...

vandy021 01-23-2006 04:33 PM

Re: ExxonMobil Price Increase 3/1/06

Just imagine how much it sucks to have to tell our customers and we are just the messengers... We used to eat the price increases till our margins were gone.

It has made life rather unpleasant b/c they wring everything out of their distributors... :mad:

PurpleStuff 01-23-2006 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by vandy021
Just imagine how much it sucks to have to tell our customers and we are just the messengers... We used to eat the price increases till our margins were gone.

It has made life rather unpleasant b/c they wring everything out of their distributors... :mad:

like wal-mart.... :drink:

vandy021 01-23-2006 04:40 PM

You should see the pricing Wal-Mart gets. It's F-ing sick :hothead:

cuda 01-23-2006 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Troutly
I'm going to start wringing the oil out of my hair and put it in the boat and truck engines. Be cheaper this way! :eek:

Err, doesn't that require having hair first? :eek:

glassdave 01-23-2006 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by vandy021
Grab the Mobil 1 while you can, b/c it's going to be going up .60 cents per gallon. That's almost $1.92 in the past year...

uhh . . . isnt that synthetic? . . .what would be the reason for that price hike in that . . . is it "just cuz they can" . . . .or did the price of synthetic crude go up :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Underdog88 01-23-2006 06:09 PM

Because they drove the diesel prices up so high it cost much more to ship :rolleyes:

CAP071 01-23-2006 07:38 PM

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyone see the Boone Pickens interview on 60 Minutes? He siad "we'll NEVER see $1.50 gallon gas again. And NEVER is a long time.

SO Glad Bush is gone next election :evilb:
Oh yea thats right he has NOTHING to do with this. :rolleyes: :D

stecz20 01-23-2006 07:40 PM

Exxon/mobil is the highest price in our area.. im tired of them.. used to be a time when they were the only fuel id buy now, i wont buy it or their oil.. they can go to hell... these scumbags are the biggest price gougers in the industry.... nothing like huge american based companies f ing americans... i say f them....

vandy021 01-24-2006 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by glassdave
uhh . . . isnt that synthetic? . . .what would be the reason for that price hike in that . . . is it "just cuz they can" . . . .or did the price of synthetic crude go up :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Its from a global PAO shortage which makes synthetics. When the Chevron Oronite plant went down during Rita it put a pinch in the global economy. Oronite and the ExxonMobil Chemical plant are trying to catch back up. There has been a synthetic shortage for about the last 16 months...