Notices

progress

Old 01-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default progress

well...for those who saw the first thread, i purchased a boat from lake cumberland marine. and, well it wasnt the best experience i have had but after a much needed "cool down period" things are done.
randy and i talked and he wants to help but at this point i've already done most of the repairs myself and "bit the bullet" on the cost of those repairs. so as i told him i would do im letting everyone know that he has offered to try and help this situation. he had taken this boat in on trade and unfortunatly the previous owner wasnt truthful about the boats history. being this boat showed so well and appeared to be what it was described as both randy and myself took it as the truth. thats a mistake we both regret now.
so, one thing i learned is ALWAYS no matter who the seller is get a full inspection by a third party.this mistake cost me thousands as well as caused both cumberland marine and myself much greif.
the rest of the story is between randy and myself and not for public review.thanks to all who gave their input on both sides of this issue. i hope everyone can learn from this and make better decissions.
sean verna
Old 01-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Registered

Default Re: progress

Congrats on being a stand up guy and VERY good advise. ALWAYS ALWAYS get a survey, mechanical inspection, and a sea trial!!
Old 01-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Catagory5
Congrats on being a stand up guy and VERY good advise. ALWAYS ALWAYS get a survey, mechanical inspection, and a sea trial!!

WHAT HE SAID !!
Old 01-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear you are getting it all behind you. I've heard a lot of good things about Cumberlan Marine. Also glad to hear they are still true.

Thanks for the update
Old 01-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Registered

yes guys i learned this lesson hard and after this past years events with check fraud,vehicle theft and the way this went i urge any and everyone to research your transactions thoroghly. it has been a very costly year and it was due to my own trust level in others. im sure had i done an inspection before going out there that this would never had been the deal it became. cumberland im sure after my last conversation would have made the repairs needed and i would be a happy customer.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 1,205 Likes on 578 Posts

just curious, are you saying the boat is not what was advertised?
Old 01-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 1,205 Likes on 578 Posts

just read your other posts. sorry to hear of your misfortune.