Notices

Cape Cod Race

Old 01-14-2002, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Post Cape Cod Race

For all the New England Hot Boat offshore race fans and anyone else who would like to come visit us on Cape Cod, the APBA-OFFSHORE tour could be coming to Cape Cod this summer.
I saw it posted on the apba-offshore site.
I'm excited, I hope it happens!
Old 01-14-2002, 11:15 PM
KN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey Tom, I plan on being there, maybe when the race gets closer we can start planning a OSO get together. It would be nice if the APBA listed details on were the race is going to be, and the supporting hotels and marinas. I'm sure the racers would like to know the details so they could make plans and reservations. It's great to see raceing back in the north east. It's to bad we can't get them back to Lake Winnipesaukee, that was a great site.

Kirk
Old 01-14-2002, 11:34 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Count me and the wife in. I think Shane might come along as well. I just got to keep him away from P Town. He might feel a little to much at home there . Like you said, It would be nice if the APBA would post some more info. I would like to plan my summer events now if possible. When ever it is an north east OSO party is long over due.

Paul
Old 01-14-2002, 11:54 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

I'm in....A Northeast OSO party is definitely in need...
Old 01-15-2002, 06:24 AM
Registered

MMMMM, Lobster boat races, now thats an idea!!
I sent an e-mail to Michael A. to ask for more detail, I'll post the updates and hopefully they will post more info on the APBA-OFFSHORE site soon.
I think an Offshore Only get together would be great. If enough people bring their boats we can have an Offshore Only raft-off to watch the races.
The dates that they have indicated are June 7th thru the 9th.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:42 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I have sent emails and posted up on the board about this but aparently APBA still does not realize the need for us to have time to plan things, LIKE SPONSORS!!!! Anyhow IF it happens and that right now in my opinion is a big if, it will be great. I was going to race in it in our old boat with the current owner, but with out the details how can I put it together. I have been truely amazed and disapointed that I have not even got a reply of we are working on it we will get back to you. That is all it would take. Although the water out on the cape could be good for racing have they given any thought to the weekend traffic out there. You want to come out to watch the races on a Saturday you will be in real trouble unless you get upo at about 4:30 and hit the bridges before 6am. The cape has all small roads and is VERY crowded. I have been trying to figure out where they will be and best I can figure is Hyannis out by the break wall. Would be a great place to watch and also run. However I have no idea were the wet pits would be???? I guess we will just have to waite and see. Unfortunatly that will more then likely mean no sponsors, so no racing. Come on APBA lets get it together!!!

Jon
Old 01-15-2002, 09:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

My understanding is they are still waiting for the Coastgaurd. It takes an enormous amount of work to put on these races, especially first year events. You never really know all that goes into it until you do it yourself. That is just what I have heard from friends that have helped put on some races. It is hard work and they do it for the love of the sport.
That all said, Cannnot wait so hit the waters up there!
Chris Reindl
Old 01-15-2002, 10:01 AM
Registered

Hi Jon,
As much fun as the sound off of hyannis or yarmouth would be, Cape Cod bay would also be real cool. They could have the wet pits in Barnstable harbor, Sandwich harbor at the canal or mabe even out of Sesuit harbor in Dennis.
As far as the Nantucket sound goes, Hyannis or maybe Bass river.
The suggested date of June 7-9 is early enough in the season, it's not really nuts yet and it would be great for race fans.
I think it's very doeable.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:11 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
TomR: I was thinking about the water in the bay as well, obviously a lot more places to have pits, however what about viewing from shore? Is there any place for that. Plus when the wind comes out from the SW, MAN IT GETS ROUGH!!!! The bay is so shallow it does not take much. Not so bad for racers, it would be interesting, but spectators in boats would be misserable. We have to remember the scale of this whole operation. Even if it is a small attenddence race as far as racers, you are proably looking at about 50+ boats plus all the spectators, I am still trying to place were they can put all that????? Hopefully the cat gets let out of the bag soon enough
Old 01-15-2002, 04:49 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hopefully there is some local club that will gather the needed support and safety boats. Jon you need to get in touch with the local promotor to get the details about where and how.

Quick Reply: Cape Cod Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.