Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Profiling with your boat on the trailer  ? >

Profiling with your boat on the trailer ?

Notices

Profiling with your boat on the trailer ?

Old 01-17-2002, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't trailer, but I will say that every performance boat I see on the highway turns my head. I've pulled into gas stations for no other reason than to get a closer look at someone's boat.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:00 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
When I trailer my 38 I have had many people hang in my blind spot checking out the boat. Sometimes it's a pain when I'm trying to switch lanes and I have to count to 10 keeping my cool realizing it's just a compliment. Tomorrow I'll be trailering from Michigan to Ohio should get a lot of looks this time of year.(Hope it doesn't snow!)
Old 01-17-2002, 09:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You are so right. I do love the comments people make when you filling up for gas, etc. But my wife hates it because, the name of my boat is "BLONDES PREFERRED", so when we're driving down the interstate people (always slow down when they drive right up next to us and lean forward to see if their really is a blonde in the passenger seat! Every time we travel that happens.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Baja Daze,

I know what you mean, I have confronted people making comments about having a nice boat at a early age, 24yr. Screw them, their just jealous, I sacrificed not buying a house to afford my boat.

As for Jane, you are right I am very proud to take my boat places, Poker Runs, Parades, Tie ups, or just out with friends.

WILL
Old 01-17-2002, 09:21 AM
LEOPAJJM

Scott...how come your moving the boat this time of year??...Are you going to the Change of Watch Party Sat.???

Old 01-17-2002, 09:33 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Jim,
Yes Mary and I (a.k.a. the new guys) will be there . I am hauling it back from the factory they just finished up with some warranty issues.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Scott ]
Old 01-17-2002, 10:27 AM
Registered

Sometimes its almost (ALMOST!!)as much fun on the trailer as in the water. I've gotten more attention towing it to the lake than I have on the lake. One of the better lines @ a gas station-"I fell in love with your boat until I saw how much gas you put in it!"
Old 01-17-2002, 10:57 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts
Talking

hehe i was just thinking about this the other day! For me its one extreme or the other...when people pass me up when i'm in tow they either give me a big smile and a thumbs up or some times (and this is usually the old ladies doing it) they have this disgusted look on their faces and shakeing their heads no....i think its from the saying "Have Fun Stay Single" on the back transome!!!

heheh

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-17-2002, 11:54 AM
Registered

You are right. When I had my boat (a Z33) it looked huge behind my truck. I always thought it was cool and got lots of looks. Especially at the gas station where I spent a lot of time. It takes almost 30min to put 200gals in. I really liked passing large glass buildings so I could see myself. The next boat will be similar so I can tow it around and have the same feeling. BUT NOT A DONZI
Old 01-17-2002, 11:57 AM
Intolerant1

23scarab, having skinny legs helps too.

Quick Reply: Profiling with your boat on the trailer ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.