Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone ever deal with True North Marine Sales in Lindhurst NY? >

Anyone ever deal with True North Marine Sales in Lindhurst NY?

Notices

Anyone ever deal with True North Marine Sales in Lindhurst NY?

Old 01-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever deal with True North Marine Sales in Lindhurst NY?

They have a boat we are interested in, just want to see if there are any good or bad experiences out there...
Old 01-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Re: Anyone ever deal with True North Marine Sales in Lindhurst NY?

Never heard of them. But, if your going to be in Lindenhurst, just buy a Superboat!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ask bo or jc... thats their hood...
Old 01-27-2006, 10:33 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I bought mine from Ocean Outboard (same town) and can tell you one thing. Don't plan on hauling a boat out of there!!!! Whatever a hauler charges is worth it!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:43 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

They are at the same marina as MRD.
I have no 1st hand experience.
I only know of another board member, who went to look at a boat there, that was completely misrepresented.
If you plan on coming to see it, get new/fresh pics taken and sent before you book your flight. This should go for any boat at any marina.
Hate to see people waste their time.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Registered

Talking Re: Anyone ever deal with True North Marine Sales in Lindhurst NY?

Dock,I used them for 2 boats this past summer,I think they did a great job and I would use them again.
If you are selling,Dont be surprised by the straight natured comments.He will tell you if your out of your mind if you want too much,and what it will really sell for in todays market,some people are not ready for that.They dont want a listing if you are not ready to sell( the market for performance isnt that great so be realistic)If you are buying get a SURVEY!! and do a test drive!!MRD is on site to check out any mechanical issues with the boats and he will give you an honest appraisal.No realationship with true north.
A broker that is selling boats only has the information the seller has given him,the broker doesnt own the boat.You cant always blame the broker for for not doing a little homework.Good Luck!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Registered

Thanks, I think we're getting out of the performance boat game for a while. Just looking to see if I can put the right deal together...
Old 01-27-2006, 12:11 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
They are at the same marina as MRD.
I have no 1st hand experience.
I only know of another board member, who went to look at a boat there, that was completely misrepresented.
If you plan on coming to see it, get new/fresh pics taken and sent before you book your flight. This should go for any boat at any marina.
Hate to see people waste their time.
I may be the member you are refering to. But I went to look at a boat MRD (not True North) had that was quite different than described. From what I've heard MRD has a good engine reputation but apparently Skip got stuck with a crap boat that I drove 500 miles each way for nothing.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
Dock,I used them for 2 boats this past summer,I think they did a great job and I would use them again.
If you are selling,Dont be surprised by the straight natured comments.He will tell you if your out of your mind if you want too much,and what it will really sell for in todays market,some people are not ready for that.They dont want a listing if you are not ready to sell( the market for performance isnt that great so be realistic)If you are buying get a SURVEY!! and do a test drive!!MRD is on site to check out any mechanical issues with the boats and he will give you an honest appraisal.No realationship with true north.
A broker that is selling boats only has the information the seller has given him,the broker doesnt own the boat.You cant always blame the broker for for not doing a little homework.Good Luck!
Isn't Chris True North?
Old 01-27-2006, 12:34 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
I may be the member you are refering to. But I went to look at a boat MRD (not True North) had that was quite different than described. From what I've heard MRD has a good engine reputation but apparently Skip got stuck with a crap boat that I drove 500 miles each way for nothing.
Was it a scarab in bad shape?? If so i recind my statement.
But I still think you should get as many recent pics as you can before you make the trip. If the seller is for real, he should do what he can.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever deal with True North Marine Sales in Lindhurst NY?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.