Notices

? for you jet boat guys ?

Old 01-18-2002, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Boot. Our first boat was a Sleekcraft with a 460 and Jacuzzi. The u-joint flange at the pump always rattled at idle. It had a grease fitting, so I always kept it full. It would make a little mess but we ran the boat for 7 years with no problems. Man, life was simple then...have fun with your new toy. Gene
Old 01-18-2002, 08:12 PM
FASSTplus

Hey Joe, it's not uncommon for a jet to rattle out of water (no load on pump)
I dont know why he is running another pump (it has the best water pump you can get, built in)
Seems like another part to break, I would re plumb the water lines and get rid of the sea pump.
Good luck jets can be a blast.

Old 01-20-2002, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
THanks for the info on the rattles !

FASSTplus, Where would you plumb the line if you take out the sea pump ? I still haven't looked at it but I am gettin ready to !
Old 01-20-2002, 10:06 PM
FASSTplus

Does it have a water outlet from the pump ?(like a Berkly) I'm not to familiar with Jacuzzi
What kind of exhaust (log, headers,wet/dri, etc...)
Check to see if the plates blocking the water passages (stock water pump)have fitting connections.

Old 01-21-2002, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh boy! Another jetter on OSO! You should not have a problem just lighting her up on the trailer, but don't run her for long. As others have said - dirt in the bowl can be an issue, but usually its pretty clean in there. The other issue is that the drive shaft packing gland. This is lubricated by water and will be dry on the trailer. The Banderlog site is absolutlely full of informative folks. It is a remnant of realjetboats.com. You have everything from racers to nuts there. Definately c\look into the stringer situation. Many older jets only had stringers from the transom to the first bulkhead. These hulls frequently developed hook.