Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week >

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Notices

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Old 02-05-2006, 09:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by Troutly
You mean to tell me there are people who actually base their buying decision based on the boat who owns the kilo record?? I know I could not care less, but that is just me
No I don't think people base the kilo holder on buying a boat.
Foutain builds 500 boats a year,
Cigarette builds 80 to 90 boats a year,
Skater builds 35 to 40 boats a year,
OL builds 22 to 24 boats a year.
I was saying it would be nice to go and watch all the top Vee's run for the record.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by Fanatic
Look in the mirror....

What are your credentials? Jc's work is pretty well known around here.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ANDREW REALTOR
Credentials?15 to 20 lies per minute when drunk 30-45 lies per minute
That will cost you 25 HP
Old 02-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Ok, obviously JCPERF is a household name on OSO, but who or what company do you work for (or for yourself)? And do you get into anything other than BIG power? Just an innocent question to be answered by JCPERF and JCPERF only please!

(sorry, I could just see everyone chiming in here! )

does richie zul count for anything?????
Old 02-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
What are your credentials? Jc's work is pretty well known around here.
So that makes the facts correct or incorrect how?
Old 02-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fanatic
So that makes the facts correct or incorrect how?

It doesn't necessarily make him or you correct about anything, it just makes his statements more credible. Jc is more of an insider with the manufactures involved than the average boat enthusiast on this site. For all I know you could be the head rigger (with and n instead of and r) at Fountain and your information may be valid. If not your just another guy typing crap on the Internet like me.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It doesn't necessarily make him or you correct about anything,
Bingo!

it just makes his statements more credible.
See above...

Jc is more of an insider with the manufactures involved than the average boat enthusiast on this site. For all I know you could be the head rigger (with and n instead of and r) at Fountain and your information may be valid. If not your just another guy typing crap on the Internet like me.
It makes no difference what JC does or I do as facts are facts.

Does it make any common sense that Reggie would time his run so he could get a full run and then try and schedule Fiore a run when the train was going to cut his run short?

Do you think Fiore is either stupid or would just let it slide ? Do you think for one minute it wouldn't be challenged and taken up with the sanctioning bodies ? Do you think Reggie would risk it ?
I think all of them are just a bit smarter than that. JMO

BTW: JC seems to be a straight shooter and this is probably the first time I have ever disagreed with anything he has said. This is a forum and we can agree to disagree.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I love how we get dragged into this mess. This thread is about a cigarette going after Reggie's record, right????

You guys will have plenty of time to talk about the OL when it runs, but let's get back to the topic, Cigarette/ Skater Merc 1800's Reggie....

Outerlimits is heading to the show with the new 45, which will gather plenty of attention on it's own, we don't need a speed record for the show.......but give it time and whatever new record get's posted by this hybrid cigarette or reggie, will soon get improved upon by some good ole boys from New England.

I wish everybody a good safe run, and I hope they keep 'em together long enough to go at it again soon.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
By chance do we have any OSO members that work at Fountain, Skater, Cig, or Outerlimits?

I don't work fo Outerlimits, but I do Poker Run with them and run boats with them from time to time, so I guess I work for OL part time, for free.

I can't speak about bridges being open or closed, or up river or down river, but I do know that we went to Fountain's Kilo with Bob Russells boat and a new set of RaceCrafter motors, the motors weren't right and we tried to dial them in, and broke 'em, so we went home. Simple as that.

Old story, same answer. The new boat is a factory boat built for one purpose, to go fast. Last boat(s) XXX & "Can You Feel the Heat?" were production boats with full interiors that were poker runned and pleasure cruised, ALOT.

The new boat will and has performed well, but like I said earlier, stick to the Cig for now and let Bennie and Reggie duke it out on their own. We will be around sooner than later.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

We all enjoy the pursuit of speed records, I think because it is a "no compromises" thing, unlike real life where all sorts of accommodations must be made. To set a speed record, all other considerations besides safety are secondary to the absolute optimization of power and power delivery. I wish all these guys the best. What does it have to do with buying a boat? Maybe knowing that the manufacturer has the spirit and drive to pursue a record is an important part of the "feel good" that you buy along with the product.

Question: How come V-hull speed records are factory projects, whereas cat speed records are private projects like Callan and Scott?

Quick Reply: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.