Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week >

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Notices

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Old 02-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

so did they run today or not?
Old 02-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

I heard tomorrow... which is Wednesday.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

regardless of the outcome, I hope it is a safe run, last thing we need is more lives lost and more bad press.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck Benny
Old 02-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn, that Ben is always in the right place. Maybe he'll be in OL's camp next yr?

Good luck to all involved.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats Benny

Benny ,a Great Leader and a Great Team mate.

Go for it Benny

Mike

Last edited by Hauling Trash; 02-07-2006 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,713 Likes on 3,786 Posts

seen this today at the OSS website:
As of February 07, 2006, the following rule is part of the official OSS General Rules:

Upon request, OSS shall sanction and hold Special Events sponsored by individuals, companies or corporations for the purpose of certifying speeds or claims of endurance or any type of marine performance. Special Events may be held for one or more boats in accordance with the sponsors' objectives.
All Special Events require the prior approval of the OSS Board of Directors.
OSS will obtain general liability insurance coverage for the event in an amount approved by the Board of Directors naming OSS, its directors, officers, officials and medical and safety personnel, employees and other persons deemed necessary to the operation of the event as an additional insured in the certificate of insurance for the Special Event. All participants MUST execute prior to the Special Event all RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENTS which are required by the OSS and its insurance company. Nothing contained in this provision shall modify, alter, waive, abandon, restrict or otherwise change the meaning of the provisions of the RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT(S.) All costs and expenses associated with the commercial general liability insurance for the Special Event shall be the sole responsibility of Special Event sponsor.
OSS sanction fees, administrative costs, and official fees for Special Events are established on a per-event basis by the OSS Board of Directors. The sponsor of a Special Event is responsible for all OSS sanction fees, insurance premiums and expenses associated with the Special Event. All sanction fees, insurance premiums and associated expenses must be paid prior to the Special Event.
OSS shall furnish all officials and timers for Special Events. OSS shall be the sole determinate of the necessary number of officials for the safe and efficient conduct of the event. The cost of said officials, timers and timing equipment is the responsibility of the sponsor and must be paid prior to the conduct of the event..
Special Events will be conducted in accordance with all current and generally accepted timing practices as required for certifying all national and world records.
OSS assumes no liability for the event in terms of participant, spectator or worker safety, weather, or cancellation of the event due to circumstances beyond control of OSS.
The sponsor is responsible for obtaining all federal, state and local permits necessary for the conduct of the event.
Sponsors for Special Events may write their own rules for conduct of their event. Said rules do not have to conform with current OSS General Racing or Class Technical Rules and limitations. However, OSS Safety Rules shall apply at all times and may not be overridden in any way. A written copy of the Special Event rules must be on file with OSS prior to the event.
Prior notice to the general racing community or general public of the special event is not required and said notice is at the option of the sponsoring party. Special Events may be held in private and OSS and its staff will execute Confidentiality Agreements to insure non-disclosure.
Upon conclusion of the event, OSS will award a Certificate of Performance certifying the actual performance of the boat that has met all of the Special Event rules and posted the best overall performance for the event. Speeds shall be certified to the nearest 100th (0.01) mph and times to the nearest 100th (0.01) second.

Technical Clarification
Old 02-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

"Sponsors for Special Events may write their own rules for conduct of their event. Said rules do not have to conform with current OSS General Racing or Class Technical Rules and limitations. However, OSS Safety Rules shall apply at all times and may not be overridden in any way. A written copy of the Special Event rules must be on file with OSS prior to the event.
Prior notice to the general racing community or general public of the special event is not required and said notice is at the option of the sponsoring party. Special Events may be held in private and OSS and its staff will execute Confidentiality Agreements to insure non-disclosure."

Interesting.......I guess Reggie was following by the rules after all
Old 02-08-2006, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C'mon! I'm hooked on this thread..... More info????

Did it happen???

Everybody safe???
Old 02-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The boat made two passes this morning. Changing skegs right now. I believe they are going to set a new record today.

Quick Reply: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.