Like Tree1Likes

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Old 02-13-2006, 01:50 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1997 35' Fountain
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Congratulations to Cigarette. Those are very impressive numbers. Nice to see that OSS was present to verify the event speeds.
Dan
Old 02-13-2006, 01:51 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1997 35' Fountain
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back4More
"The two-way pass of the Kilo course averaged 163.759 MPH."
So according to this...Cigarettes are faster than Outerlimints?
Trouble Maker!
Old 02-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Back4More
"The two-way pass of the Kilo course averaged 163.759 MPH."
So according to this...Cigarettes are faster than Outerlimints?

I would say that a Skater V is faster than Outerlimits.

If you look at the bottom of this boat there are not many simularities between a 46 Cigarette and this one.

At the end of the day hats off to Cigarette for paying for the entire project of having a boat built and Merc build some monster power, Skater for laying up the boat, and JT for having the skill and knowledge to set up and run a boat that fast out of the box with minimal test time on it.

I doubt we have seen the last of this boat.....
Old 02-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Registered

My Boats: 43 Black Thunder Flat Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi
"Skip Braver, CEO, asked Mercury Racing to build some experimental custom engines that would go beyond the speeds achieved with the 1075 SCi engines."

Funny, Merc builds a motor for Cigarette to break the speed record and Merc owns a piece of Fountain.
I think it is funny that everyone thinks Mercury is what powered the fountain to its KILO run. You better ask again. a call to Sterling might get you a different answer.

Let's just face facts with John Tomlison driving and Bob Teague as a witness who is going to questions the results.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:15 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

My Boats: Fast Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow-N-Thunder
I think it is funny that everyone thinks Mercury is what powered the fountain to its KILO run. You better ask again. a call to Sterling might get you a different answer.
You are absolutely correct. Reggie & Ben were using Sterling engines when they set their kilo record.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloKat
You are absolutely correct. Reggie & Ben were using Sterling engines when they set their kilo record.
I just think it is funny everyone wants to bash each other over brand names. But when CIg admits they used others for engineering expertise they admit it and get raked across the coals.

I have never seen Sterling get any thanks in a Fountain ad stating they were the Kilo record holder. Even though Mercury os painted on the side of the boat. Why did Merc allow this.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD

Quote:
I have never seen Sterling get any thanks in a Fountain ad stating they were the Kilo record holder. Even though Mercury os painted on the side of the boat. Why did Merc allow this.
It's small but Sterling is noted...

I think they were 1550's
Attached Thumbnails
I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week-v76-10.jpg  
Old 02-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown42
It's small but Sterling is noted...

I think they were 1550's
Thank you, I just like to see the truth. I was afraid that Sterling was not getting the credit they desrve.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Registered

My Boats: 88 Cigarette cafe racer

Quote:
I just think it is funny everyone wants to bash each other over brand names. But when CIg admits they used others for engineering expertise they admit it and get raked across the coals.

Not that I want to defend anyone but Reggie did use Merc #6 drives on his boat hence the reason Merc was noted on the boat. (Also the fact that Reggie and Merc have had a long standing sponsorship realtion might have something to do with it).
Old 02-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
Not that I want to defend anyone but Reggie did use Merc #6 drives on his boat hence the reason Merc was noted on the boat. (Also the fact that Reggie and Merc have had a long standing sponsorship realtion might have something to do with it).
Big Daddy,

I was just responding to others posts who do not want to give Cig credit for using all advances in the industry to push the envelope.

I know Reggie and Mercury have the sponsorship relationship and I don't have a problem with Fountain using Sterling power. My issue is why was it ok for Fountain to use other Manufacturers and not Cig.

As far as I am concerned I hope everyone involved in the Kilo runs get exposure and increases sales. They are truly the reason we watch races and pay the money to go to Key West. If not for exposure like this no one would really know what performance options are out there for us to see.