Like Tree1Likes

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Old 02-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Registered

My Boats: 88 Cigarette cafe racer
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow-N-Thunder
Big Daddy,

I was just responding to others posts who do not want to give Cig credit for using all advances in the industry to push the envelope.

I know Reggie and Mercury have the sponsorship relationship and I don't have a problem with Fountain using Sterling power. My issue is why was it ok for Fountain to use other Manufacturers and not Cig.

As far as I am concerned I hope everyone involved in the Kilo runs get exposure and increases sales. They are truly the reason we watch races and pay the money to go to Key West. If not for exposure like this no one would really know what performance options are out there for us to see.
I agree with you 100% !(too many pro Reggie types in here). I understand we all have our favorites but lets just let the numbers speak for themselves. Yes Cig hasnt broken the "old mans" record yet but maybe they will or maybe they wont its just great competion right now.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Registered

My Boats: 43 Black Thunder Flat Deck
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREW REALTOR
I think we said fastest V HULL get it same power whould be nice to settle thESE boat builders claims?? P.S I'M PRO REGGIE
We know your pro reggie.

But we also know your close minded and pretty much stated you do not believe either John Thomlison or Bob Teague.

In fact even though I only have a few posts. I have been viewing and pretty much anything you post is to do nothing but stir it up. Try to stick to facts and let your opinion remain just that yours.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout

Quote:
I think we said fastest V HULL get it same power whould be nice to settle thESE boat builders claims?? P.S I'M PRO REGGIE
I guess OL and Cig should be running their 39's up against the 42 Fountain then...

Man, this thread sure has gone down the crapper.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow-N-Thunder
I think it is funny that everyone thinks Mercury is what powered the fountain to its KILO run. You better ask again. a call to Sterling might get you a different answer.

Just to clarify....I didn't think Merc supplied the Power for Reggies record run, nor did I say that. What I did say was it's funny that Merc supplied the power for Cigarette, because Merc owns a part of Fountain.
Before you get ahead of yourself (again ) I realise Merc didn't have these motors available for Regiie when he made his run.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:08 AM
Lynch Mob Racing
Platinum Member

My Boats: 39' Cigarette Top Gun, Donzi 22 Classic, 36 Yellowfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
I guess OL and Cig should be running their 39's up against the 42 Fountain then...

Old 02-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD

Cig......
Attached Thumbnails
I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week-cig-2-small-.jpg  
Old 02-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout

Quote:
Panther nice post but I think we know the outcome I like the man he"s a gentleman to us I think its the other way around too many anti FOUNTAIN guys GOOD luck to all I know the people trying to beat the record iwish them all the luck in the world but its not going to be easy against a guy like REGGIE FOUNTAIN ENOUGH SAID LET THE FASTEST HULL WIN!!YEA BABY
I agree, I don't have any beef with any of the manufacturers either but I could also put 2000 hp in a john boat and make it go fast. If they really want to see who's the fastest they need to have boats of equal length and power go up against each other.

I've met Reggie in person and although I don't have a preference for his boats he's seemed like a decent man.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Registered

I agree 100% about the power for the fastest v-bottom. I don't necessarily think it needs to be the same length though. It's the fastest v-bottom, not the fast 42" v-bottom.

Just my opinion...
Old 03-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Registered

My Boats: boatless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaid24
I agree 100% about the power for the fastest v-bottom. I don't necessarily think it needs to be the same length though. It's the fastest v-bottom, not the fast 42" v-bottom.

Just my opinion...
I agree... Pick your boat out of your line, drop like engines in and meet on an even playing field....
Old 03-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2004 28 Skater / 300x's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown42
Cig......
Like I said before their is no comparison between a Cig and a Fountain when you compare the boats you get as a customer. This is like comparing a Ferrari to a Acura NSX. Both nice cars but one is clearly head and shoulder above the other.

Speed records are fine, but it won't translate into the boat you buy as a customer when you buy a fountain. They are a production boat and Cigs are not.