Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week >

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Notices

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Old 03-11-2006, 11:36 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by TeamTaboo
Dave you maybe right that boat was rushed to get ready for the worlds and they did work on the bottom before it came to Key West. That hull was a cut down copy of the 47 lighting with a canopy. They should not have been in Key West it was not ready.
Just so there isn't any misunderstanding, I went back and modified my post by adding the following:

"This post in not intended to knock a particluar manufactuer but rather to point out that they all test new things and there is no better way to do this than with race boats. I'm certain that the readers of this forum are not naive. We all realize that if new things weren't tried and tested, we wouldn't be able to benefit from new advances in materials, technology, etc."
Old 03-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Registered

Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
your right, the nsx is head and shoulders above the ferrari.
actually the NSX was originally designed as a ferrari, but they didnt build it because it wasnt exotic enough so they sold the design to acura.

when will they put turbines in these things??? where are the AMF boys with this?
ill take a 47 gtx, t55's, and bpm drives.
The NSX is a slow underpowered POS. I don't know what you are talking about as far as it being designed as a Ferrari. I talked to an Acura dealer the first year it came out and he had a whole bunch of literature on the building of the car and Ferrari was never mentioned. He did say the car was a dissapoinment but You can get one cheap though.

Last edited by Havasu Cig; 03-11-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fanatic
The raceboat technology is directly transferable and they may or may not tweak it for pleasure boat use.
I know Fountian uses the same molds on their race and pleasure boats. Maybe you know more than the engineers at Fountain?

I will also gaurantee the technology Cigarette is using for their race boats will end up in their sport boats.
Cig's are not production boats. I am not just talking about molds here. And if you think they just pop a Fountain race boat out of a mold and run it without tweaking the bottom you are crazy.

Fountain's are production boats, and you can tell the difference between them and Cig's when you drive either one or if you just sit in either one. The last Fountain I drove did not impress me at all. It had some weird handling characteristics, and some of the components in the boat just looked cheap IMO.

Last edited by Havasu Cig; 03-11-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:21 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

And Dave your one of the best at moving that bar forward. Good luck with your runs this year
Old 03-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Don't know about the particular boats that you mentioned above but I do know for a fact that the Superboat that was brought to KW last November had been put though some major bottom changes and testing in NC just prior to arriving. I was told this from a very knowledgable individual from Fountain while I was looking at the boat's delaminated bottom on the crane after it's first day of testing.
Fountain Still won the worlds with the Bottom Delaminated !!
Reggie is just THAT GOOD !!!
Old 03-11-2006, 01:48 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by birdog
Fountain Still won the worlds with the Bottom Delaminated !!
Reggie is just THAT GOOD !!!
I will agree that Reggie is good and his boats are great but the boat that won the KW worlds V-bottom title was not the same boat as mentioned in my post.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KiloKat
I will agree that Reggie is good and his boats are great but the boat that won the KW worlds V-bottom title was not the same boat as mentioned in my post.
Oh ?....I'm confused now {Easily Done }...I thought you were talking about the boat that idled across the line ?...You mean there was more than one ?...Thanks
Old 03-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would give Reggie credit for were we are in speed of the V bottoms are reaching today. His willingness to cut the bottom out of them and modifying it till he gets it right and still wanting more .

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:05 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I would give Reggie credit for were we are in speed of the V bottoms are reaching today. His willingness to cut the bottom out of them and modifying it till he gets it right and still wanting more .
Couldn't agree more!
Old 03-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I remember back when Wellcraft tried....He just kept coming back with more !...I suspect he is just waiting for someone to beat his curent record so he can go out & do it again.
That man has Huge Cajones !!

Quick Reply: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.