Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week >

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Notices

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Old 03-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by birdog
I remember back when Wellcraft tried....He just kept coming back with more !...I suspect he is just waiting for someone to beat his curent record so he can go out & do it again.
That man has Huge Cajones !!

I believe thats why Outerlimits is still cutting on there new hull trying to get it up there.Same as the Cig getting JT to help them.

Reggie is just sitting waiting on go

I just wish the other manufactures would step up or at least keep up with there bottom designs

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
Cig's are not production boats.
Cigarette is a production boat they just make a lot less of them. One off's are non production.

I am not just talking about molds here. And if you think they just pop a Fountain race boat out of a mold and run it without tweaking the bottom you are crazy.
Go back and read my post. The race hulls come straight from the same molds as the sports boat molds. I know this to be fact. I am sure they are blueprinted but they offer that service to sport boat customers for a price.

Fountain's are production boats, and you can tell the difference between them and Cig's when you drive either one or if you just sit in either one. The last Fountain I drove did not impress me at all. It had some weird handling characteristics, and some of the components in the boat just looked cheap IMO.
The Cigarette is a higher dollar boat.

I have driven Cigarettes and Fountains and I found the exact opposite.

I suggest you read this:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...68&postcount=3

Check out the video of him racing

http://media.putfile.com/ejection

I'll stick with winning race technology and the Fountain.

Last edited by Fanatic; 03-11-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Cigarette is not a production boat. There are no two alike .Fountain on the other hand builds many of the same identical boat in a facility geared more for production,not one-offs.Each Cigarette is hand built. They are both great boats, but have different production schedules,different build qualities and different goals to meet by their builders.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the looks of a cigarette and knowing your boat is a one of a kind.

On the other hand, I love getting the same if not better performance at a considerable savings. With that savings I can live with a production boat.

Still love to look at cigarettes.
If money was not a factor in buying a boat I probably would consider a cigarette; but it is, so i wont.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
Its great to also see Cigarette in the ring with a Kilo boat...not bad numbers for just out of the box.
Wish they would post a vid clip of the run on their web site so we could see how it rode at speed.
Would like to see them sponsor some racing too.
I think they are moving in the right direction now...Racing is some of the best R&D.
BTW, Fountains...Cigs...and OL's are all high end / great boats, buy the one that suits your needs, or build it to do so, I did.
YOU PROBABLY NEVER SEE A VIDEO BECAUSE THAT SKATER/CIG SUPPOSEDLY SPUN OUT WHEN DECELERATING AND NO ONE WHAT TO SEE THAT.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fanatic
The raceboat technology is directly transferable and they may or may not tweak it for pleasure boat use.
I know Fountian uses the same molds on their race and pleasure boats. Maybe you know more than the engineers at Fountain?

I will also gaurantee the technology Cigarette is using for their race boats will end up in their sport boats.
your right.every fountain is blueprinted even the fish boats.then the race boats are tweeked even more.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOWOUTBOARD
YOU PROBABLY NEVER SEE A VIDEO BECAUSE THAT SKATER/CIG SUPPOSEDLY SPUN OUT WHEN DECELERATING AND NO ONE WHAT TO SEE THAT.
And where did you pick-up this bit of Information ?
Old 03-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes..i did not hear anything about that.....I got everything else and posted as instructed....but not that
Old 03-12-2006, 09:09 AM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOWOUTBOARD
SLOWOUTBOARD guess you were not at the boat show. Cigarette had the video running at the miami boat show. It did not spin out like you said it did. So take your slowoutboard and stop talking SH!T.

Rick OSG
Old 03-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ONESICKGLADIATOR
SLOWOUTBOARD guess you were not at the boat show. Cigarette had the video running at the miami boat show. It did not spin out like you said it did. So take your slowoutboard and stop talking SH!T.

Rick OSG
I was tryin to be nice...

Quick Reply: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.