Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week >

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Notices

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Old 02-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Ok, it's a 46 foot -built by Skater - hull powered by twin turbo Merc 1800 hp engines.

Is this factually incorrect?

half of that is right and the other half is wrong. i hear that someone at Cig is very mad at all of us hehe

jr mike
Old 02-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

I can't wait to see that Outerlimits monster. I've heard they have people from MIT and other engineering schools working on the design to improve the airflow.

How long before it's ready?
I have seen it and it definitely looks like a "monster". Unlike anything I have seen before, but I can't say anymore...
Old 02-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Registered

The suspence is killing me!lol When and where?BOB
Old 02-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Registered

Well, if skater build's boat's for fountain.
And skater build's boat's for cigarette.
Whose really the world's fastest boat manufacture.
either way skater's got to be smiling all the way to the bank.
Kind of remind's me of back in the day when Don was building boat's for the bad guy's and faster boat's for the good guy's, or was that the other way around ?
Old 02-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, it's a 46 foot -built by Skater - hull powered by twin turbo Merc 1800 hp engines.

Is this factually incorrect?

half of that is right and the other half is wrong. i hear that someone at Cig is very mad at all of us hehe

jr mike
Old 02-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Registered

There were many times when Reggie didn't want or have anybody there, and so many comments on how his Kilo is / was short that at least once somebody must have known something.

If you like football and you have a team you follow do you get mad at them when they have a 2 point lead and instead of throwing a pass or running a run play they just run out the clock ?

So why should any of them want or have anybody there when they run. Now I didn't like the secret run that OL did and I would be very surprised if he did another run like that again even if a GPS is good enough for whatever record he posted.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:11 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

The Fountain that was used for the kilo was built at the Fountain factory, I was offered that hull before they used it for the record run.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
There were many times when Reggie didn't want or have anybody there, and so many comments on how his Kilo is / was short that at least once somebody must have known something.

If you like football and you have a team you follow do you get mad at them when they have a 2 point lead and instead of throwing a pass or running a run play they just run out the clock ?

So why should any of them want or have anybody there when they run. Now I didn't like the secret run that OL did and I would be very surprised if he did another run like that again even if a GPS is good enough for whatever record he posted.
Fiore wouldnt have had a chance to break the record at Reggies even if his boat didnt break.Reggie scheduled his run at the time when he knew that the Pamlico river train bridge was open.He scheduled the time of OLs time run when the train bridge was closed therefore he wouldnt have had a chance to get the boat a long enough running start to get up to those speeds.Home court advantage period.I dont blame OL for having there own record run.At least they will have a chance
Old 02-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmn...is this thing ever gonna run? i dont care anymore, im just pissed cig had to outdo our 2880hp with twin 1800s, before we even got our boat done
Old 02-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Registered

Oh fer chrissakes JC . . . .
Did you ever think - just for a minute - that OL wouldn't have said "Hey - we have HALF the running distance. Can we wait until the F'ING BRIDGE OPENS ?". . . . . in the same, lame, leap of faith here's Reggie's response:
"NOPE . . . It's now or NEVER. .. haul that pig back to R.I. . . . don't let the bridge hit you in the ass on the way out." . . .

Jeeeeeezzuss. Don't yall see that ? ? ? ??

Quick Reply: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.