Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Towing rule #1: Use tow straps!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121620-towing-rule-1-use-tow-straps.html)

thisistank 02-01-2006 11:15 PM

Towing rule #1: Use tow straps!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Driving down the road near my home last Sunday I came across this.....early 90's Fountain w/525SC's and Bravo's piggie backing a brand new '06 lifted Chevy Duramax Crewcab. The driver was cut off by a car (who left the scene :rolleyes: ) and was forced to slam his brakes on. The Myco trailer had a low style front roller/stop that had a link chain holding the boat down from the bow...No tie down at the transom.

After two hours a local tow company lifted the boat back onto the trailer. The best part....The owner promptly drives the boat to the Ventura launch ramp and runs it for the rest of the day!!

Remember, always use tow straps!!

thisistank 02-01-2006 11:16 PM

Re: Towing rule #1: Use tow straps!!!

3 Attachment(s)
more...

thisistank 02-01-2006 11:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
last...

dean51267 02-01-2006 11:22 PM

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I would be PISSED!!!

Sean H 02-01-2006 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by dean51267
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I would be PISSED!!!

i wouldn't be pissed, i would be embarassed, its his own damn fault for not having straps on it....

Outdrive1 02-01-2006 11:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
That would look good in the back of my Excursion.........
Better than this one though.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-02-2006 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank
early 90's Fountain w/525SC's and Bravo's piggie backing a brand new '06 lifted Chevy Duramax Crewcab.

This just doesn't seem to surprise me any longer... :rolleyes:

docmanrich37 02-02-2006 05:38 AM

I have a myco and towed last weekend and when i put the boat back in my shop it had moved forward about 2".I have tie downs on the back too.Will have to put 2 straps on front coming back so it doesn't move forward again.scary

US1 Fountain 02-02-2006 05:53 AM

Those teflon strips didn't help hold it in place either.

OldSchool 02-02-2006 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Troutly
He's lucky the beak didn't spear him in the back of his mellon :eek:

It's all fun and games until someone gets their eye poked out by a beak!!! :D :evilb: :D :evilb:

Those teflon strips are slicker than snot!! I've seen boats slide off of the trailer at the ramp when people unhook the front before backing down the ramp. :rolleyes: