Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   One Design Class looking for crew help at the races! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/12174-one-design-class-looking-crew-help-races.html)

Reindl Powerboats 01-17-2002 02:28 PM

One Design Class looking for crew help at the races!

Durring our first year running the class we met a couple of people off OSO who wanted to come to the races and help out. I was skeptical at first (we already had 22 people going to our first race in Daytona) but told them to come along anyway. Let's just say after Daytona we cleaned house and a lot of the guys who were on our team from the begining went by the wayside and we cut the team back to 4-8 guys at each race. Two of the guys that stuck with us were Pete and Brian from the board.
The races certainly are a great time, but there is a lot of work keeping the boats clean, giving demo rides, and making sure come race time that all the boats are on a level playing field. By mid season the class should be expanded to 10+ boats as we have already sold a couple boats & full season leases and are begining a few new boats. Anyone interested drop and email or a phone call anytime.
[email protected]
Chris Reindl - (513) 706-3199

Milord 01-17-2002 02:45 PM

I'm certainly interested Chris. I'm seriously considering racing some of or all of the GLSCS.

Cord 01-17-2002 02:48 PM

I would be interested. I'm good with the sponge and quick with a towel. ;) But who handles the transportation and what is expected of us?

Lee 01-17-2002 05:11 PM

Chris, Thanks for the Email, I will be in touch.

eMotiondriver 01-17-2002 06:29 PM

Chris,
Sponsor my boat and when we are not racing the eMotion team will help you out. :D :D
Doug
eMotion Racing

Advantage_Rob 01-18-2002 10:17 AM

I can help out with some great lakes races, I usually am a patrol boat, or start finish boat, but thats been a bit taxing on my nerves last time I did it while handing out the checkered flag to the team consco scarab at the st clair race They pulled up side to side at about 10mph and just missed by inches smashing the side of my boat, then the all day idle, and running the course making sure all the patrol boats are in position before every race, and having to go to each accident and tow back any flipped boat has made me decide my boat is too new and nice to risk damege and I dont like putting that many hours on it. I'd like to stay involved cuz I do love the atmosphere, but in a different capacity.

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: advantage_ROB ]

Outrageous 01-18-2002 10:27 AM

Chris,

I could help you with the demo rides. :D

Dave

Scarab3DMC 01-18-2002 10:32 AM

I love to help at any of the Ohio races!!!

Reindl Powerboats 01-18-2002 02:30 PM

Milord,
We already have other teams interested in doing the GLSCS as well, so we will be running it for sure along with the Pro Series. Prices will be more around the $3000 per race range because they are local races and are closer to our home base. Prize money and a Series Championship grand prize will also be awarded for the series points champion.
Chris Reindl

packinair 01-18-2002 07:07 PM

Sounds like a blast to me