Notices

Miami show Parking

Old 02-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Miami show Parking

Ok this is my first year going. How to you suggest I get to the show I am staying with Friends out in Westin FLA which is out west of Lauderdale?

Thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Re: Miami show Parking

I can tell you they don't fock around with towing. I have seen duallys on the hook being dragged off. Your simplest bet might be going to the Marriot where the inwater powerboat show is, and using the valet, but they fill up quickly.

They will have shuttle buses running between all 4 or 5 locations (depending on if you want to count Strickly Sail as part of the boat show or not ).

As you drive across the causeway into South Beach, there are usually shuttled-parking lots marked by signs as well. They always have one near the helicopter tours place, right before you cross the causeway.

You can drive down to the convention center, and try to get lucky, but I would not recommend it. I normally rent a Harley for ease of getting around, but I will probably just use the yellow limo this year.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-09-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Oh yeah, if you can take the Tri-Rail down to Miami, I recommend that over driving. I-95 sucks ass.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:58 AM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Public Transportation..........
Old 02-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first Miami show too, thanks for the heads up. By the way, what's up with parking for the Clevelander parties? Never been down that way.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont try and park near the show. I tried last year and couldnt find a spot at all. I ended up walking about 2 miles just to get to the show.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Registered

There is usually a lot next to the convention center at the HS. ther is also a parking garage next to the marriott but you have to get there early.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by UNSANE
My first Miami show too, thanks for the heads up. By the way, what's up with parking for the Clevelander parties? Never been down that way.
Little to none. Park once for the day, and ride the yellow limo (taxi) or the show's free shuttle buses. You can walk (about 7-10 blocks) from the Convention Center to the Clevelander.

Two wheels or two feet are the best bet. A1A is only one lane in each direction, and after dark on weekends, it does not move. You can get around on the parellel north and south streets like Collins and such, but you will still end up parking and walking a bunch of blocks.

If you are going to the PRA/SW party at Fountainbleau, you will need to take a taxi. Its about a 10 minute car ride, longer in traffic.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-09-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Oh yeah, if you can take the Tri-Rail down to Miami, I recommend that over driving. I-95 sucks ass.
does the tri rail go anywhere near the show? OR do you have to switch to the monorail?
Old 02-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
does the tri rail go anywhere near the show? OR do you have to switch to the monorail?
I am not sure. You will need to do a little research on that one.

http://www.miamiboatshow.com/ will spell out the locations, and you will either have to look into PT on that site, or cross reference with the PT sites.

http://www.tri-rail.com/

The Monorail is only in downtown Miami. The Convention Center is in South Beach, across the causeway, and the bay. Check out the show site above for more details.

Quick Reply: Miami show Parking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.