Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My New Boat is here...5 Questions for OSO!!! >

My New Boat is here...5 Questions for OSO!!!

Notices

My New Boat is here...5 Questions for OSO!!!

Old 02-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: My New Boat is here...5 Questions for OSO!!!

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Quick question... how'd you buy a boat w/o knowing anything about it?
Good question. Basically I took a major risk and it ended up being a risk that turned out good. I found the auction on a basically unknown web site that not too many people know about (at least not as many as the others such as the salvage yacht auctions that pop up on here and ebay) which is why I figured I could get it for way less than what its worth, there were only 3 people bidding. The decision had to be made fast, very fast. There was no time to look at the boat, and I had one of the auctioneers tell me as much as they could, as they didn't know much either. There wan't much info given. There is not much to the boat. There is no cabin, There is hardly a cockpit, I knew I was gonna have JC Perf Check out the engines either way, and the drives looked like new from what I saw. For the price the auction ended at I really couldn't go wrong. I took a risk and it turned out good. I know it sounds crazy, but when you d1ck around with things, thats how you lose them. I didn't have time to bullsh1t with insurance and looking at the boat. Turns out the boat is way more than I expected. It was a huge risk, but it turned out to be a good one.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

good for you man.....!!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:48 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Good deal!!!
Looks like it should kick @ss.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Good deal!!!
Looks like it should kick @ss.
Yeah Man...When are you gonna get another boat so we can rip up LI. I know your itching, or you wouldn't be on OSO so much. You gotta get another boat!!!
Old 02-12-2006, 09:41 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

I'm on OSO so much, cuz I aint got a boat to spend time on.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

OH that hurts.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:38 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

GoTime, no matter what i get, i wont be able to keep up w/ you.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the drives look like #4s or #5s
Old 02-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanB
No one named Bruce Jennings ever owned Warlock. 1994 was prior to the present owner of Warlock (Carter Reed)buying them out.
Tom Solarz was the owner of Warlock then and now runs his business as WPM in Corona Ca. Call them and they should have info on the boat. Talk to Tommy (the son)
Dan,
Actually Tom Stolarz was out of Warlock earlier in the 90's and there were some investers that owned the company for a few years before Carter Reed (Ultimate Custom Boats) bought Warlock in December of 1995. Jennings was involved, not sure about owning but he was running Warlock prior to the sale to Ultimate.

If it was my boat I would leave both helms in the dash but get removable hubs for the steering wheels, so that you could throttle and steer from the port seat but could move the wheel to the starboard side to have a separate throttleman and driver. Outerlimits does this on their boats, it works out well, you could get an upholstered cover to go over the helm that isn't being used at the time so that if someone hits it they wouldn't hurt themselves.

Looks like you got a great deal on a nice boat, good luck with it.

Caleb
Old 02-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by timewarp
Dan,
Actually Tom Stolarz was out of Warlock earlier in the 90's and there were some investers that owned the company for a few years before Carter Reed (Ultimate Custom Boats) bought Warlock in December of 1995. Jennings was involved, not sure about owning but he was running Warlock prior to the sale to Ultimate.

If it was my boat I would leave both helms in the dash but get removable hubs for the steering wheels, so that you could throttle and steer from the port seat but could move the wheel to the starboard side to have a separate throttleman and driver. Outerlimits does this on their boats, it works out well, you could get an upholstered cover to go over the helm that isn't being used at the time so that if someone hits it they wouldn't hurt themselves.

Looks like you got a great deal on a nice boat, good luck with it.

Caleb
Thanks Caleb. Actually both wheels are on removable hubs currently. I was going to take out the entire unit and put an intercom system in, but now hearing a different opinion and how it works makes sense also. Something to think about. I knew someone on here would have some info on the
ownership issues. Thanks for the input.
Matt

Quick Reply: My New Boat is here...5 Questions for OSO!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.