Notices
View Poll Results: What will Mercury debute at the Miami Show?
New Outdrive
56.06%
New mega HP Outboard Engine
21.21%
New I/O engine package
28.79%
Bringing back the paddlewheel
7.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Mercury Racing in Miami

Old 02-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mercury Racing in Miami

Originally Posted by Superbabi
Ron thats what I was thinking, the 600 sci with the new boost to go along with the new drive.

Gary, I really don't have a clue. Time will tell
Old 02-11-2006, 12:51 PM
RHC
Registered

Welladjusted: I am going to put a smiley face after this, so dont take it personal,,,

If there is one thing on OSO that really pisses me off, its the post that people put up that leave inuendos and sound like they know a sceret and have inside info that no one else can get!!! Get a life ,,, Get over yourself people ,,,, If you know good info ,,, Post it ,, if not ,,, dont start rumers This past week the wanna-bees on the Cig /Skator thread wasted everyones time talking and guessing about a speed run that means nothing ... When it happens ,, it will be fact ,, until then dont waste my time !!!!! When you know it ,,, say it ,,, if not dont waste my time !!!!

Having said that---- The merc guy told me that they have a new trans that fits between the bell and the inside transom plate and it shifts the new Bravo ,,, will go behind the new 700plus SCI engine rated at 800HP,,, but ,, I have not posted that info because I did not see it yet!!!

RHC
Old 02-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Now why would they want to come out with a bravo style drive that holds up They making millions on the ones that dont hold up.$$$$$$$$$

Would be nice though

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"700 Race"
Old 02-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Here is the details on the engine : it is a basic 600 hopped-up . It has more cam shaft, bigger inner cooler, inclosed cooling and aluminum edelbrock heads. On Mercurys dino, they made power that was so close to the 850"s that they had to de-tune somewhat. There will be an MTI Cat with a pair of the new 700 sci"s and drives in the water and also at the Mercury booth on display and possibly 1 V-Bottom if it was rigged in enough time. This is from the horses mouth>>>>>>>>>>>>LT
Old 02-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Registered

Bringing back the # 5 drive ?
Old 02-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RHC
Welladjusted: I am going to put a smiley face after this, so dont take it personal,,,

If there is one thing on OSO that really pisses me off, its the post that people put up that leave inuendos and sound like they know a sceret and have inside info that no one else can get!!! Get a life ,,, Get over yourself people ,,,, If you know good info ,,, Post it ,, if not ,,, dont start rumers This past week the wanna-bees on the Cig /Skator thread wasted everyones time talking and guessing about a speed run that means nothing ... When it happens ,, it will be fact ,, until then dont waste my time !!!!! When you know it ,,, say it ,,, if not dont waste my time !!!!

Having said that---- The merc guy told me that they have a new trans that fits between the bell and the inside transom plate and it shifts the new Bravo ,,, will go behind the new 700plus SCI engine rated at 800HP,,, but ,, I have not posted that info because I did not see it yet!!!

RHC
Wow are you always this happy.
Well adjusted is correct 100% in his post. He can't tell you all he knows out of respect for the person who gave the info. But has tried to give you some clues. Which is good because you don't seem to have a clue, just an attitude. If you go to the MTI boat on the water at the Marriot you will see he is correct.
Also your secret Merc. contact has not been so straight with you. As the tranny is going to be in the extention box not infront of the Transom plate as you have posted. It has been reverse engineered so that you can remove the drive to service the tranny without having to pull the motor to do so.
I feel this board is to help each other out and enjoy ourselves.Not ridicule others. But there is only so much we can say about certain things and still protect and maintain the respect from those who are nice enough to give us some of the inside scoop.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Registered

Disclaimer *This is only my opinion.* Disclaimer

I think Mercury will debut a 2.5L 300HP Optimax outboard to replace the old 3.0L Mercury 300X OB.

Once again this is only my opinion.....and I have been wrong in the past....quite often according to my exs...
Old 02-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

So is the 600 sci still on the product line up ???
Old 02-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 42MTI
Wow are you always this happy.
Well adjusted is correct 100% in his post. He can't tell you all he knows out of respect for the person who gave the info. But has tried to give you some clues. Which is good because you don't seem to have a clue, just an attitude. If you go to the MTI boat on the water at the Marriot you will see he is correct.
Also your secret Merc. contact has not been so straight with you. As the tranny is going to be in the extention box not infront of the Transom plate as you have posted. It has been reverse engineered so that you can remove the drive to service the tranny without having to pull the motor to do so.
I feel this board is to help each other out and enjoy ourselves.Not ridicule others. But there is only so much we can say about certain things and still protect and maintain the respect from those who are nice enough to give us some of the inside scoop.
Thank you

Quick Reply: Mercury Racing in Miami

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.