Notices
View Poll Results: What will Mercury debute at the Miami Show?
New Outdrive
56.06%
New mega HP Outboard Engine
21.21%
New I/O engine package
28.79%
Bringing back the paddlewheel
7.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Mercury Racing in Miami

Old 02-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Mercury Racing in Miami

No 300 XS @ the show as of yesterday.. A 250 only..
Old 02-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

High performance stern wheel drive system with titanium alloy replaceable paddles. These packages will be available from Mercury racing on a special order only basis. They will only be offered with either a transversely mounted 850 or 1075 powerplant.

Paddlewheels! The original surface drives!
Old 02-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by X-Driver
Outdrive Man,
I think you might be wrong about not introducing another Optimax. There has been alot of rumors about a 300XS Optimax(2.5L) to replace the 300X Promax (3.0L) that Mercury is no longer manufacturing.

yeah, I know that i am not Mr. Buckly, or whoever it is they got running the show these days, but last year at the consumer race outboards seminar, in Atlanta, they explained that emissions is playing a major role in future product development and that it is also why the lineup was reduced to at the time three engines, the 200XS, the 2.5 XS, and the 250XS, all of the optimax family. this is a company that has really changed in the past five years, basically denouncing two cycle engine technology and promoting 100 percent the verado family. i mean yes the six hundred pound plus verado will defiantly make a boat sit lower in the water than a three hundred fifty pound optimax. but when it comes to performance a 275 verado actually pulls more torque and power on the propshaft dyno than the old 300 promax. what we have to remember is there is a ten percent fudge factor when labeling an engine for advertised horsepower. i would also like to See a couple more big horsepower opti`s before they kill the line-up but i just don`t see it happening with the way that this company has postured itself. remember they spent 100 million and ten years in research and development before verado one left the Assembly line, this is the technology that they want making headlines. but who really knows, i mean when you talk to these guys they are so cryptic because of the confidentiality agreements they have to sign, it could be that all the hinting they do is really just their way of using disinformation to throw us and the competition off their scent. this time next week we will all be telling each other how we knew all along that they were going to do what they did. i will change my statement about the big verado to read rumored because thats all it really is. the other items however i know to be facts.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What they will NOT be introducing is affordable pricing....
Old 02-12-2006, 04:07 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Is there such a thing ?
Old 02-12-2006, 04:39 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray

beat me to it - the top secret $100,000 700hp motor (that any engine shop could build for 1/3 as much)
Old 02-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RHC
Well said Bird Dog!! I agree,, I was not trying to start chit ,,, I thought that I said up front that I was not picking on anyone!!! So ,,, nuff said ,,, I look forward to seein the new system! The only question I have ,,,, Is there a new drive to go with the trans and higher hp engine??

RHC
Yes, just as I put in my first post and LT has said there will be a new very sweet drive and motor package in the 39 MTI in the water at the Mariott. I think maybe an ACE in the hole for them.

Last edited by 44MTI; 02-13-2006 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:03 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

So the line up is 525, 600, 700, 850, 1075 ????
Old 02-13-2006, 08:46 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Driver
Disclaimer *This is only my opinion.* Disclaimer

I think Mercury will debut a 2.5L 300HP Optimax outboard to replace the old 3.0L Mercury 300X OB.

Once again this is only my opinion.....and I have been wrong in the past....quite often according to my exs...

i was just told abou this last week by merc reps.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So, when and where is the press conference? Usually they do one on Thursday @ the show, has this been changed??

Quick Reply: Mercury Racing in Miami

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.