Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tow Boat US needs ummm..... Tow Boat US (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122424-tow-boat-us-needs-ummm-tow-boat-us.html)

HiPerf2000 02-13-2006 08:16 AM

Tow Boat US needs ummm..... Tow Boat US

1 Attachment(s)
Friend sent me these pics of a tow boat us rescue mission he caught this your on the river. :D :D

HiPerf2000 02-13-2006 08:19 AM

Re: Tow Boat US needs ummm..... Tow Boat US

1 Attachment(s)

HiPerf2000 02-13-2006 08:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)

sy goldberg 02-13-2006 08:46 AM

Do I get salvage rights if I tow this boat or just a towing fee ? :D :D :D

Wally 02-13-2006 09:06 AM

yeah...and tell em its $250 just to tie up the lines.....then its $500/hr for the tow!!! freakn pirates!!! :mad:

A buddy of mine ran out of gas once not more then 1/4 mile from the towboatUS station.....called them and they said $250 to bring out 5gallons of gas!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

US1 Fountain 02-13-2006 03:40 PM

I had a charge of $1800 for a 2 mile tow.

ktron 02-13-2006 03:43 PM

:eek:

farfrumwerken 02-13-2006 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by ktron
:eek:

YIKES!!!!!

CAP071 02-13-2006 06:03 PM

OH MY GOD! Thats the (%!*@&*#^) that was gonna charge my buddy 1,000's to tow him back with a blown motor. He had tow boat card but not the better contract.

I think they are freakin crazy on the charges. They catch you when you need help and rape you. :mad:

If boaters would stick together we wouldn't need them.

US1 Fountain 02-13-2006 07:51 PM

Tell me about it! I thought the guy was kiddin me when he told me the price. I hit a under water reef and tore off the lower unit. Since I was in area with rocks, the Tow boat guy couldn't motor right up to me and toss a line. So, he anchored his boat, then WALKED over to us. That right there made it go from a 'tow' charge to a 'salvage' charge. Then it was late evening, so now you have an evening charge. Also a night time charge for his time back to his station after towing us in. Then the $/ft charge. I'm just glad he didn't offer us a drink! :D Our 1st/only/last time on the great lakes, (Erie, Put-it-Bay) so never had a use for tow boat service.
On the positive side, If it would have been classified as just a tow bill, which in all reality is all it was, our Ins. only pays $100-$200 (?) for towing. But since it was classified as a 'Salvalge' operation, Ins paid 100%. So it turned out to our advantage he had to get his feet wet.
Lesson learned, for great lakes/oceans, get the tow service insurance. It's cheap.