Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Throwing money around like its water! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122457-throwing-money-around-like-its-water.html)

itilldo 02-15-2006 04:05 PM

Re: Throwing money around like its water!

Originally Posted by CAP071
Ok so who wants to take me for a ride so I can see if he is telling the truth ? :D :drink:

CAPO,
I'm with you.. :drink:

CAP071 02-15-2006 05:08 PM

powerball is $300 Million tonight :evilb:

Reed Jensen 02-15-2006 06:52 PM

People are funny about certain things. I had... HAD... a customer that made incredible amounts of money... He had tons of money to spend on things that fed HIS ego... but if he thought for a minute that his money fed ME... then "he couldn't afford it". He bought a Aston Martin DB4GT with some dubious racing heritage... spent $600,000.00 for this car... then spent another $60,000.00 restoring the thing... brought the car to me because it didn't run right,,, I sorted the thing out and had to listen to him cry because I charged him $300.00 bucks... yeah... a$$hole... Then... he had the car for about three years and sold it for $160,000.00. He took a $500,000.00 dollar loss on the car... but still cried how I was a bandit because I charged him $300.00 to fix it correctly... I'm so glad I don't do any more work for this dick head... Nothing people do surprises me any more.

Reed Jensen 02-15-2006 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by ANDREW REALTOR
Tight as a frogs azz under water thats why he"s got it :rolleyes:

Well... when someone quibbles over a few dollars and they are listed in Forbe's top 400 richest in America... there is something psychologically wrong with that person.

offshoredrillin 02-16-2006 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
Well... when someone quibbles over a few dollars and they are listed in Forbe's top 400 richest in America... there is something psychologically wrong with that person.

Couldnt agree more, had a guy with a Carrera GT, for me to do the top notch kits on it was 1800.00, the car cost 447K. i just smiled and walked away, he called and I just told him the price is appropriate for the work that will be done. IF he has a problem with it, he shouldnt have spent so much on the car.

fountain1fan 02-16-2006 07:40 PM

i wish they would throw some my way so i could buy me a used fountain . :D

BBB725 02-17-2006 07:26 AM

If you want to throw some money around, how about this one. I think 2.4 mil is a little steep

www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8092.html