Speakers formally known as Babb

Notices

Speakers formally known as Babb

Old 02-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts
Default Re: Speakers formally known as Babb

I have 4 6x9's in my boat and an RF 501 amp to power them. They sound awesome and people can't believe I don't have sub's hidden somewhere. The pricing on the DCGold's is about the same as when I got my Babb's 2 years ago.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have not had alot of experience w/ Babb speakers but the 2 systems that had them in boats i had Rocked! Remember, a good combination consists of more than merely speakers. One advantage i see to the Babb (DC Gold) is that they are a single driver full range speaker that uses an aluminum cone so that makes them pretty impervious to the rigors of marine applications. I have been running the pioneer nautica speakers in my boat and have them mounted close to the floor to protect them somewhat. They have a reverse facing tweeter to protect them but they are still susecptible to water damage. I can only imagine putting them up high. I see the DC Gold living well closer to ear level and all you have to do is make sure you keep em rinsed of saltwater but the hose will never hurt em. 99% of my work is in home theater and whole house audio distribution. From that experience i can tell ya that the same speakers in the same room will sound completely different w/ 20 watts than they will w/ 100 watts driving them. Its all in the package and how you match things up.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Not being negative here but I've never heard a set of Babbs that I liked. Been in many cigs and heard many systems where they were used and was never impressed. someone explain the draw of them to me.
Tank while they may not sound the best as stand alone they sound great when mixed with other speakers. What I like them for is they put out a lot of SPL for not a TON of power. As has been mentioned above they are very durrable. soak them in water and they are fine.

Jon
Old 02-16-2006, 01:04 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have them in my boat and I like them . Allen Babb is a very nice guy,very sharp. I hope he is with the new co....

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.