HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

Notices

HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

Old 02-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

We need to apeal to the senate that the speed limit is to low, Also the expenses and the issues with radar on the water. Tell them that tougher licensing would be a better start then this.

Jon
Old 02-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jaybird
Good luck guys up there in Quaker-ville. This is another shiny example of why I left New England - the place is F'd up...
Ya cuz all those Manatee zones make a lot of sence
Old 02-16-2006, 06:07 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Ya cuz all those Manatee zones make a lot of sence
Jon,
Your right, all our manatee zones make about as much sense as this stupid bill!

Good luck to you guys, and you have to show up in BIG numbers to get your message across!
Dean
Old 02-16-2006, 07:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck guys. Show them your numbers, put up an intelligent fight.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guys, you need to hustle around here and get the performance boat community at large, manufacturers, engine builders, suppliers, everyone, to send some money (yes, unfortunately it always revolves around money), and start a TV commercial and newspaper article campaign.

It needs to be centered on how much money this community generates for the state and local economy, how many jobs it creates, and how this is just more of the failed thinking that led to the luxury boat tax that almost destroyed an industry, killed off thousands of jobs, and resulted in a net revenue decrease to the state and local community.

Focus on how this will HURT the non boater through increased regulation cost, increased enforcement cost, lost tax revenues, everything. Pull out a few performance boat dealers and have them talk about how much they pay in taxes, and how if this passes they go away and SOMEONE ELSE will pay those taxes, talk about the number of jobs their shop employees and how many other businesses their business supports, and how SOMEONE ELSE will be paying those guys unemployment and government health care when they get laid off.

Make this an "anti vs pro business" argument, make it a "increased tax" argument, make it a "job killing" argument, and you end this schite right there, once and for all.

If this effort fails then there will be other states that follow and then it will be much harder and more expensive to fight later.

To the advertisers on this site, you best pony up some money and organize FAST, you can pay a little now and kill this thing once and for, I mean drive a steak in its heart and behead the monster, or fight it for years in expensive legal battles and public relationship fights. It is sad, but others can force you into a corner, this is what is happening right now...
Old 02-16-2006, 07:49 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by dean51267
To the advertisers on this site, you best pony up some money and organize FAST, you can pay a little now and kill this thing once and for, I mean drive a steak in its heart and behead the monster, or fight it for years in expensive legal battles and public relationship fights. It is sad, but others can force you into a corner, this is what is happening right now...

Dean,
Our experience with the "Advertisers" aka manufacturers, engine builders, etc. in the battle against the $MC here in Fl. is that they don't want to get involved because they can sell their products else where in the USA! And the apathy that, "Someone else will take care of it" attitude. And also the public preception that they would be supporting the "Zealous powerboating crowd"!!!
And your point is well taken, in that, there will be $$, jobs lost!

I hate to say it, BUT, I'm afraid that there might not be that much support from these businesses that MIGHT be affected!

Dean
Old 02-16-2006, 08:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks for all the kind support.... But, we need EVERYONE on OSO to write or phone the senate. Please help us if you can.
Thanks,
Paul
Old 02-16-2006, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as a general rule that is how this play out, the people with the most to lose take this "someone else will do it attitude" and then let the opposition build up some creditability, so then it becomes much harder to kill off the beast later.

Consider, what would the cost have been to kill Osama in the 1990's as compared to today? There we were, this nagging problem that just kept getting worse, but we had "other interns to do" (excuse the political tirade herein) so we just let it roll until now it cost billions.

The manufacturers and vendors have the most to lose, but many will sit in silence, others if ask will say "but I am SOOOOO busy with this, that, or something else", and then the bill passes because some environmentalist whack job organizes better, and then once they win one battle, they pick another, then another, then another and before long they are a formidable force. Then the manufacturers and vendors go "HOLY SCHITE, THEY ARE GOING TO DESTROY OUR INDUSTRY" and have to seriously consider the possibility of this kind of crap being passed in many places, thus diminishing the number of places they can sell their good to, making a market to small for them to stay in existence.

But of course it is a lot harder to let go of a few hundred bucks when it looks like someone else might do something than to let go of thousands when you feel your existence is on the line.

Some lessons have to be learned the hard way.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:25 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by dean51267
But of course it is a lot harder to let go of a few hundred bucks when it looks like someone else might do something than to let go of thousands when you feel your existence is on the line.

Some lessons have to be learned the hard way.

Dean,
I couldn't agree more and I'm afraid that is what will happen.
Dean
Old 02-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

Look!!! A response

Here is a response from my e-mail. I just simply wrote I oppose HB162.

Subject: RE: HB162
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:56:21 -0500
From: "Eaton, Thomas" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "Joseph" <******@yahoo.com>

I do too! Thanks for the brevity.

Tom Eaton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:49 AM
To: Gallus, John; Johnson, Carl; Kenney, Joseph; Boyce, Robert; Burling, Peter; Flanders, Robert; Odell, Bob; Murphy, Patrick; Eaton, Thomas; Bragdon, Peter; Gottesman, David; Foster, Joseph; Clegg, Robert; Larsen, Sylvia; Gatsas, Theodore ([email protected]); Barnes, Jack; Martel, Andre; D'Allesandro, Lou; Estabrook, Iris; Hassan, Maggie; Fuller Clark, Martha
Subject: HB162

I oppose House Bill 162.

Quick Reply: HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.