HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

Old 02-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

Originally Posted by Shah Mat
Look!!! A response

Here is a response from my e-mail. I just simply wrote I oppose HB162.

Subject: RE: HB162
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:56:21 -0500
From: "Eaton, Thomas" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "Joseph" <******@yahoo.com>

I do too! Thanks for the brevity.

Tom Eaton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:49 AM
To: Gallus, John; Johnson, Carl; Kenney, Joseph; Boyce, Robert; Burling, Peter; Flanders, Robert; Odell, Bob; Murphy, Patrick; Eaton, Thomas; Bragdon, Peter; Gottesman, David; Foster, Joseph; Clegg, Robert; Larsen, Sylvia; Gatsas, Theodore ([email protected]); Barnes, Jack; Martel, Andre; D'Allesandro, Lou; Estabrook, Iris; Hassan, Maggie; Fuller Clark, Martha
Subject: HB162

I oppose House Bill 162.
Nice job.
Thank you!!!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Where can I get their email addresses?
Old 02-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres the link with all the contact info ...Please take a minute and write/email. For the good of us ALL

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/sena...temembers.html
Old 02-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Sent another email.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Mail message to send senators

Dear Senator,

I STRONGLY oppose HB 162 and hope you will as well because of the following reasons:

The performance boating community at large supports local economies with jobs and economic development, charities with money and publicity, communities with tax revenues and stable members of them, and the state with copious amounts of tax revenues.

This bill, if passed into law, will kill this sport in our state, a sport comprised mostly of educated, intelligent, hard working members of society who pay taxes, earn far above average incomes, and have a demonstrated charitable nature.

EVERY performance boat made today is designed to safely travel at much higher speeds than the ridiculous limits in this bill, and many do not come with the equipment necessary to ensure owners, who are also voters, do not accidentally exceed these limits. This will result in good people being attacked by our state for simply enjoying themselves or a bill that simply is unenforceable.

Enforcement of this law will result in massive new spending on equipment and training for law enforcement offices.

Law enforcement officers, who are already task with much more difficult and important task, will have their attention diverted away from their very serious and important work to stop educated and intelligent people from enjoying a sport they love.

This bill will completely eliminate performance boat dealers from the state, thus reducing jobs, and increasing cost, while decreasing the tax base to pay for these things.

Performance boating attracts tourism from other states, bringing much needed revenues to areas dependent on these revenue to survive economically.

Please consider HB 162 a job killing, tax reducing, cost increasing bill designed by those who simply do not understand basic economics of this industry and what it does for our state. There are lots of other states trying to attract the performance boater, lets not give them a reason to run away from ours.

Please consider this a vote I will watch carefully and make all future voting decisions based upon. Thanks you for your consideration of this matter.

Sincerely,
Old 02-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance we can make this a sticky thread ?? pls
Old 02-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: E-Mail message to send senators

Originally Posted by dean51267
Dear Senator,

I STRONGLY oppose HB 162 and hope you will as well because of the following reasons:

The performance boating community at large supports local economies with jobs and economic development, charities with money and publicity, communities with tax revenues and stable members of them, and the state with copious amounts of tax revenues.

This bill, if passed into law, will kill this sport in our state, a sport comprised mostly of educated, intelligent, hard working members of society who pay taxes, earn far above average incomes, and have a demonstrated charitable nature.

EVERY performance boat made today is designed to safely travel at much higher speeds than the ridiculous limits in this bill, and many do not come with the equipment necessary to ensure owners, who are also voters, do not accidentally exceed these limits. This will result in good people being attacked by our state for simply enjoying themselves or a bill that simply is unenforceable.

Enforcement of this law will result in massive new spending on equipment and training for law enforcement offices.

Law enforcement officers, who are already task with much more difficult and important task, will have their attention diverted away from their very serious and important work to stop educated and intelligent people from enjoying a sport they love.

This bill will completely eliminate performance boat dealers from the state, thus reducing jobs, and increasing cost, while decreasing the tax base to pay for these things.

Performance boating attracts tourism from other states, bringing much needed revenues to areas dependent on these revenue to survive economically.

Please consider HB 162 a job killing, tax reducing, cost increasing bill designed by those who simply do not understand basic economics of this industry and what it does for our state. There are lots of other states trying to attract the performance boater, lets not give them a reason to run away from ours.

Please consider this a vote I will watch carefully and make all future voting decisions based upon. Thanks you for your consideration of this matter.

Sincerely,
Niice! keep them coming. WE can make a difference!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Registered

on the chain-o-lakes its unlimited during the day and 25 at night which is reasonable, but an hour north on lake Geneva its all bad-----speed limits 24-7.......and its all because of people who don't know how to drive responsibly. we all know the situ.. someone is out of control and goes and hits the one person who has nothing better to do but make it there purpose in life to ruin it for everyone else (there on a mission from god) LOL.... and the worst part is its usually the guy in the $1,500 boat who doesn't know how to drive or read buoys the causes the most problems (not the person who invests in this big $ hobby).
so if anyone sees this guy pull out the pirate flag and board em
DOWN WITH THE LIMIT AND THE PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT IT!
Old 02-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Registered

We have had one manufacturer step up to the plate with assistance in the fight. Thanks again to Steve at Velocity. Any more manufacturers out there???
Old 02-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Oh Deere
We have had one manufacturer step up to the plate with assistance in the fight. Thanks again to Steve at Velocity. Any more manufacturers out there???

velocity, ummm ...(tucking that nugget away for when I buy another boat....

Thanks Steve...

Quick Reply: HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.