HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

Notices

HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

Old 02-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

We were at the Boston Boat show. My wife has been wanting one of the new Chris Crafts for some time as well as a member of the board that will go un named unless he wants to say so himself. Well after talk to Trexler's Marine for a few min. The other member remembered that Trexler's supported HB162. So he asked them how fast the Chris Craft went. He said a little over 55. At that point the member got on the guy good about them supporting the bill. The guy that we were talkign to said that he was just nutral in the whole thing so we told him that as long as they were going to support a bill like that there was no way they were getting our business.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome. if I was at that show I would have screwed with him and sat down made him work out his numbers then said damn you support that speed bill don't you? OH man I can't buy a 55 mph boat from You
Old 02-25-2006, 06:10 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Audiofn
We were at the Boston Boat show.... Well after talk to Trexler's Marine for a few min. The other member remembered that Trexler's supported HB162. So he asked them how fast the Chris Craft went. He said a little over 55. At that point the member got on the guy good about them supporting the bill. The guy that we were talkign to said that he was just nutral in the whole thing so we told him that as long as they were going to support a bill like that..........

List of the supporters of HB162 per Winni.com thank you very much -

My $ WILL go elsewhere regardless of outcome. welcome to politics people
The Common Man
Ashalnd Insurance
.Trexler’s Marina

What exactly is his definition of nuetral?

Capo great idea, write it up, watch him pick up the cell fone, call the office "this guys paying list!" Then pull the ol - wait a minute..don't you support...?
Old 02-25-2006, 06:26 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

The guy we were talking to was a mechanic.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

F--- them all. You should hear them on the Winni site. Boy, have they have been humbled.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations Guys!

The opposition turned out the troops Friday and made some good points.

From the questions the Senators asked it seemed to me they were looking for a compromise. I bet most of them don't like going against public opinion on a safety issue, but they think HB162 goes to far.

I'll bet the speeds go up and it goes back to Winni only, maybe a weekend only limit. Any bets for 60/30 on summer weekends? Or an exception for the broads?

One of the "59"
Old 02-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

HB162 you have been very respectful on this site and I hope that the other hear threat you as such.

I will say this. I am not at all apposed to a night time speed limit. I am not apposed to a limit in certain areas say out in front of wears. I am not there on holiday weekends so I can not speak for if holidays make any sence or not. I do not think that they do as long as they enforce the 150 foot rule sounds like you could not get on plane durring those weekends anyhow according to your camp. I do not think that a night time limit would help much as I think that the MP's would be spending most of their time at night in the congested areas looking for OUI's not in the broads looking for a speeder that MAY come along. Frankly that is the way that I would prefer it. I am far more concerned about a OUI then a speeder. What I do think that a night time limit would do is to keep the honest guys honest thus keeping the night just a little safer.

Jon

Last edited by Audiofn; 02-26-2006 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:16 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

HB162 - your losing and from the looks of winni.com suddenly theres a lot of talk about a compromise - save it.
Its funny how when a decision appears that it will it be made based on facts and not rhetoric suddenly theres a willingness to compromise. How sweet. Its not over but appears heading in our favor.

The next time your at the bingo parlor and it appears your losing ask for a compromise - "can't we all win?" Loser.

I love the excuse that those in favor didn't show up because they have real jobs - thats a hoot!
Old 02-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

common sense driving is all you need whether a blow boat, cruiser or performance. thats a big lake I was up there 2 weeks ago , no to speed limits and how about a recall on the mufflers DRY PIPES RULE
Old 02-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Registered

JON i WAS AT THE SHOW SAT TOO BETWEEN 100 AND 430 CHANNEL MARINE ONLY HAD ONE BAJA THIS YR WAS HOPING TO SEE THE NEW 35OL. CC LOOKS NICE WITH THE TEAK, DONZI WAS NICE BUT BRAVOS FOR 418,000 THATS A JOKE , SHOULD BE THE NEW BABY SIXES WITH 700S OR CUSTOM JC,ZULE 1000'S WITH SIXES f or that money the 29 fountain smelled like fresh glass love the smell but they didn't rap the frontbulkhead stepgoing in to the cabin in glass it was painted only 5yrs from now it was covered in 40oz marine carpet though .the 35 looked good. art

Quick Reply: HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.